How does a person handle being in love with someone they know doesn't feel the same? They care deeply for you, but they not ready for a relationship?

Anonymous
Now we have known one another for a long time with that being said...

Now reason why I feel personally that she doesn't feel the same way is because I told her, I couldn't help it one day we were just talking as I am walking her to her car and she said something that just made me feel good the words "I love you" came out right after and it wasn't apart of me that felt wrong for saying it though I know she either thought I was playing or was uncomfortable but I understood after all it was my feelings, not hers not ours but mine. I am an adult who understands this situation, but I didn't want her thinking it was just something I said and did not mean cause I did, I already care deeply for her, she is one of my closest friends but it was just I knew I've grown attracted along time ago but now I just couldn't stop truly seeing her 😍

But I do believe telling her how I feel has fucked up our friendship, it's hard to explain to you guys but I knew it was a possibility an I couldn't bring myself to care, She is someone who strives for adventure, so she is always traveling, wanting to explore new things, I love that about her and learning that it's something I like to do myself but it's her thing, one of the things that helped her heal from her pass life and helped her becoming this beautiful strong woman I've gotten to know. So I'm scared one day she could just up and move away from my life and I'd would have never known or worse she goes one of these trips and she finds someone that would make her happy, which as someone would truly cares for her would be happy for her too.

So that's my wonder, do I want to be her boyfriend? yes but knowing who she is I know that isn't really an option, so how do I explain that I want her however she would have me? cause she just tells me to wait on her and I'm fine with that but what does that mean? How do I wait on her?

Sorry I wrote so much but it's really keeping me up. Any clarification needed please let me know 😊
5
4