Should you ever text an ex to clarify what happened between you two?

Anonymous
I was dating this woman for a short period of time and we had one misunderstanding and I probably could’ve acted better than I did about it. But at the same time I have personal principles of how a relationship works. And I felt like she was too unsure about what she wanted to do and I told her that we should be friends. And I now we aren’t talking. I want to talk to her again but I’m not about to beg for her to give me another chance because I feel like if that’s something I have to do this early in the talking process than it’s not real feelings on her end. Begging someone for forgiveness is a thing you do when you’re established and you truly fucked up cheated etc.. Not when you have a disagreement. She doesn’t have a true feeling of how I feel about this situation I feel. I told her we should be friends and she sent me this text talking about how i didn’t care about her this entire time I only care about myself etc and then she blocked me. I don't know if it’s an ego thing but I want to clarify things so badly not for us to even talk right now but just so she knows that it was real I just can’t deal with certain things and I have to focus on my purpose in life
2
2