Do u think it’s appropriate for my mom to tell me she doesn’t want me to date this guy b/c she doesn’t want him or family to be apart of our family?

Anonymous
My guy best friend and I like each other. We won’t come out (the same time and openly acknowledge that we like each other so we just have this friendship where it’s like we’re in a relationship but we’re not). My mother has told me since day one not to get involved w/ him meaning friend wise too and said he’s no good. she has her reservation for why but i disagree b/c I do not believe in basing my opinion off of someone else’s family member and rather draw my own opinion of the individual independently without making assumptions. My mom does not encourage nor support me even the thought of dating him and doesn’t even want me to travel to see him (being he’s not my boyfriend even though we have our own little weird situation). My mom always says do you really want to reproduce w/ this boy and have his family mixed in w/ ours. My mother loves to in arguments we have mention my friend and say how I’d go through obstacles for him but I wouldn’t for my family even though she knows I’d do anything for them. W/ me deciding to travel out and see him my mom is against it b/c she doesn’t trust him b/c of intimate thoughts running through her head on his end. she knows we’ve cuddled and slept in the same bed but nothings never happened. She doesn’t know that he’s planning on sleeping in the hotel with me... she said if I go out and see him she’s going to have my uncles be up in my business. Is any of this appropriate? I’m literally turning 21 and still being told who to date and that I shouldn’t even date anybody.
4
1