Wild and reckless dating type A introvert?

LizaOsborn97
Hi! A little background on myself (23f) and my boyfriend (22m). We’ve been dating for almost 3 years & I’ve been questioning our relationship for about 8 months now. Quarantine has been really difficult because we had just moved in together & basically lost all personal space for the past year. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great guy & very loving and dorky with me - but we have core personality differences that I’m worried will eventually be the death of the relationship.

To preface, I’m bipolar (diagnosed) so I know I have a tendency for reckless behavior. But I was to travel & explore & get tattoos & ride motorcycles & not have kids (at least any time soon, cross that bridge later) & do a bunch of wild fun things while we’re in our 20s and can, and he’s the exact opposite. I’m very “go with the flow” and will always do things that he enjoys doing because I love when he’s happy, but I feel like I have to drag him to anything I want to do. He’s very introverted so social outings for him are draining & I get that because I need to recharge after a night out too, but it’s like pulling teeth to ever get him to do anything with me even something as simple as taking the dog to a dog park.

One thing that stuck out and I’ll remember forever is when I told him it’s been a dream of mine since I was a little girl to go to Paris with the love of my life and explore & his response was “I have no interest in going to Europe, maybe you could go with one of your friends!” This hurt. Bad. Something I’d imagined forever essentially stripped away.

I feel so judged by him for wanting to do fun things even something as simple as wanting to ride horses. And I’ve even started to feel judged by his parents (mom specifically) because I’m so different than them.

Are our personality traits a death sentence? I love him so much but I’m getting to the point where I’m not even wanting to be intimate with him because I feel like we are fundamentally different & it turns me off. Help!
7
0