Is it natural that I'm OK with giving up my dream of entering a relationship and starting a family?

Anonymous
Word of warning, I have clinical depression.

Throughout my teenage life I entererd multiple toxic long distance relationships. Although some were shortlived, one lasted a few months and another an entire year. Each being abusive in different ways.

I've been avoiding relationships like the plague ever since; however, not exactly because I don't want to be in one. At this date in time I'm about to turn 22. I've had multiple years of being single since my last, year long relationship.

I know that it sounds like I need more time to heal, but I want to know if my growing acceptance of staying single till I die is a natural mindset. I'm not really interested in guys as a non-platonic relationship, so doubly so I intend on being alone.

My parents aren't too happy about this view of mine, and I love them dearly. Not only that, but ever since I was a kid I always thought I'd end up taking that path.

I don't doubt there are many women out there that understand this feeling but from a female's perspective. My only female friend told me she had similar feelings on giving up on having a love life. So I wanted to broaden this question to more people.

Thank you if you've read any of this. I apologize if this was a bit "woe is me" but posting this question felt important to me. I'm an introvert and don't have many people in my immediate circle that I wanted to drop a question like this on.
Yeah, that's normal.
No, that's not normal.
GirlGuy
3
2