How would you react if you accidentally called your current partner by your ex’s name?

Anonymous
I am guilty of this. I have absolutely no connect with my ex, nor will I ever. I love my current boyfriend and would never do anything to hurt him. I don’t know what happened. I was talking to him about something less serious and accidentally called him by my ex’s name. Right away, I apologized and expressed that I have zero contact with my ex. I slipped. I brain farted. His behavior and demeanor totally changed after. Unsurprisingly, he distanced himself and things got really awkward and silent. by the way, my boyfriend and I have been dating for about 4 month. My ex and I dated for about 2 months. I know I fucked up. How do I move forward? He is still acting a bit distant but the guilt is eating me alive. We have kinda shoved that incident passed us. Have you ever had this happen to you?
3
0