Why did he approach me? Have you had a random person approach you in the street?

Anonymous
I went out shopping this week. A random man approached me in the street asking me "are you ok" I replied "yes" then he sat on the other side of my bench (there was no other empty bench to sit on) and asked "how did your morning go" I ignored and he go leave me alone. It was a sunny day I was wearing a hood, face mask on mouth and nose, and glasses. I was sitting on bench looking at the ground before he approached. I don't like this. It put me in a bad mood and I felt really self conscious about how I looked. I wish I didn't sit on the bench. I wasn't crying and just minding my own business. I ended up not buying what I wanted as I would be reminded of this. I was wearing a face mask so there was no need to harass me or no way to know how I was feeling. His second question makes me wonder why he chose to harass me as it was very different from his first question. Why did he approach me? Have you had a random person approach you in the street? How did you feel?
2
2