Are you ever afraid of letting someone down when they need you the most?

JustinTimberlegs
For example your partner is pregnant or has cancer, in this difficult time they need your support the most. As the months go by it takes a toll on your relationship and one day you make a hurtful assumption or are not as caring and understanding as you normally are. How dissapointed they must be, they relied on you to support them and you let them down. How dissapointed you must also be in yourself, for letting someone down...

Anyone afraid of this or gone through this before?

Once I moved overseas to be with my partner, and while I was there we worked at her family restaurant together. However I was slow in picking things up around there, I was learning but would be very slow at doing things. The manager there was really rude and didn't like me at all, after a few months I started hating being there and started working less. I felt like that was a time I let her down, and the thought of this happening again in the future is pretty scary, especially if I had a partner who was pregnant or if I had a child and let them down.
1
1