Should people in long distance relationships stop pretending their in a relationship?

purplepoppy
Now for clarity I'm not including cases where your partner is serving in the military other side of the world or your partner is working on an oil rig middle of the sea.

I'm talking about cases where your alleged partner simply lives a huge distance away. Someone you met online and chat to on a regular basis.

I don't think you can class it as a real relationship unless you're actually meeting up on a regular basis. Even if you meet up once a month that's fine but when you've zero chance of ever actually meeting it's time to stop deluding yourself.

I get it some people see being single as shameful and don't want to tell their family they can't find a partner, so is are LDR just a convenient cover up until you meet some one local?
26
4