Long distance ex boyfriend told me if he moved to another country, he would have to cut me off?

Anonymous
We started being with my long distance boyfriend around February this year. At the beginning, everything was fine, then we started having unresolvable arguments until he broke up with me. After some months, we started talking again. At the beginning I was very afraid of getting too intimate with him, since it was one of the hardest breakups I had to endure. However, he seemed like a changed person, he was behaving with a lot of attention and understanding and patience and I started feeling fulfilled in my interactions with him. We played games, we video called, we spent hours talking on phone. But there was one problem. He didn't want to got back into being with me, the reason is because he wanted to travel to Japan and live there, so he told me that if that happened and the country borders opened again, he would go there and we would have to break up, so that's why he wasn't committing to me. At the beginning, I was kind of tolerating that situation. Soon I started feeling not valued, being like in a position I didn't deserve. Whenever I brought up the fact about us meeting, maybe he travelling to see me or meeting in another country, he postponed that, saying that it depended whether we would be able to go to Japan or not. I kept bottling my sadness up, until I started feeling depressed, even if I had him by my side. I felt I couldn't be happy in a position where I wasn't a girlfriend, but I wasn't a friend either. I told him that if he really loved me he would still try to make it work with me even if he had to move to Japan, but he said he didn't want an online relationship going on if he was there, since it would be a burden while he would be trying to adapt to the language and the culture. I felt so heartbroken. I trusted him again, and I got hurt again. We ended up agreeing that we should stop talking. Am I exaggerating? Did I have the right to feel undervalued? Did I make the right decision? Why would he break up with me even if he moved to Japan? Thank you
1
1