GUYS: He said I don't want a relationship right now

I've asked the question before but only got girls advice and would like guys' point of view.

I've been seeing a guy for only 2 months, so I am not in a rush or anything, in fact I've never brought up any serious subject.

He's been treating me like his girlfriend, kissing me in front of all his friends and at bars.

The problem is he told me last week to not get too attached because he doesn't want a girlfriend (he said because he just got out of a serious relationship of 5 years).

What should I do now ? I never wanted to rush anything, but now that he put that on the table, I want him to know I am not just a friend with benefits.

How to let him know that if he knows right now that this will not go any further, that I am done. But without looking desperate like I want a boyfriend in the next 2 weeks... I'm just not down for sex without any options of it going any further and serious... and that if he likes me, he's can't use me like that. If he doesn't I guess I'll know because he won't do anything...

Thanks for your advice, I don't get it at all.
1
1