Is there still a chance?

1KylesAngelstar07
My ex-boyfriend broke up with me back on March 4 and moved out the next day into an apartment. We were together for almost 6 years (3 years long distance and 3 years living together with my parents. I'm 20 and he's 21). Just back in August of 2012, we talked about moving out and in November he said he still wanted to marry me. He said that starting in December, he started feeling weird about us, but he never told me. I believe a big reason for the break-up involves my parents complaining about him (there was a definite transition from respect for my parents last summer to practically hatred for them in December) and my anger (from stress) toward him. His reasons for breaking up with me were that we had both changed, we had been fighting a lot, he's messed up in the head, and that I'm irresponsible. He immediately initiated that he wanted to remain friends.

I feel like I keep getting mixed signals from him. He started dating someone else May 3rd (in another long distance relationship) but kept it a secret until the 17th and even then didn't really come out and tell me. He had went on a 2-week trip to meet this girl and started dating her the day he met her (they had been friends on the PS3 for a while). I called him on the 17th to get some answers. It seems like the more I talk to him, the more his guard breaks down, and therefore the more I get out of him.I gave him a hand-written letter back in April apologizing for my part in the break-up and asking for another chance and he never replied to it. He swears that he did. I asked him what he thought about it and he said it made him feel awkward because his grandmother had done the same thing when her husband left her. He told me that it would have been better if I had talked to him, but then said it wouldn't have made a difference. I also confronted him about something he had said previously that "there were more bad memories than good memories". He agreed that it wasn't true but then said that "the first half of the relationship was good, but the second half was bad". A few times he began complaining about my parents, but then restrained himself. He said they made him feel disrespected and that he was a bother. He felt like his presence was bad to the whole family. He said my mother expected too much from him. He also said that there were a lot of things that he let slide in the relationship that he shouldn't have and that I talked down to him a lot. When I told him I wouldn't treat him that way again, he kept saying "You don't know that". He said that he waited to make sure he made the right choice breaking up with me before he started dating this new girl to make sure it wasn't a rebound relationship. I questioned him as to why he didn't tell me something was wrong and he said that it was his mistake/thoughts/feelings. I asked him why he still wasn't doing anything now that he realizes it was a mistake and he just repeated that again...
+1 y
Every time I ask him why he won't consider getting back together with me now, he refers back to the past like that.

We talked again yesterday in person. I could tell that he had hardened/guarded himself against the situation. He only gave me about 20 minutes to talk because he had to go to work. He told me that he wants me to move on, but wouldn't really deny a possibility of us one day getting back together...
+1 y
He refuses to hang out with me one last time before he leaves to move back to his home-state of NH this Sat. I told him that I hate the idea of never seeing him again and he said that we can always call/text/FB/skype/video chat. He said that maybe one day his job would bring him back to OH (this is where I live) and he could visit, and told me that I can visit NH if I wanted to. He mentioned how I've lived a sheltered life and how my parents freak-out when I traveled out of state to see him.
+1 y
I am just so sick of feeling so confused. I feel in my heart that he's still in love with me. He's always about what the "logical" thing to do is, and I feel that in his head he thinks it's best to move on, but his heart won't let him. I want him back in my arms so badly and I really don't want to see him go. I feel like he's afraid to get back together with me because he'll get hurt again.
Is there still a chance?
2
0