How can I get my ex back?

He left because he wasn't happy anymore and it has a lot to do with the situation we were in. After we broke up he went on a social site that involves dating and I noticed, I was really upset and when he came to pick up his stuff, I confronted him. He said he didn't know why he joinedi t but partly because he wanted to forget me. I had a big talk with him and he said to me that he doesn't want to be with me right now, he wants to be alone and doesn't entirely know what he wants. And he said to me that he does still love me. I said to him maybe he could consider us just seeing each other but for now I'll give him space. He had organized to meet up with a girl, obviously for a rebound >.< but he didn't end up going because of me. He said he won't be with any other girls until he figures out entirely how he feels. He said to me that there is no denying we still love each other. And he also said to a friend of mine that maybe we just need to miss each other. I haven't really heard from him and I haven't messaged him at all either, so I'm trying to give him space. Yet I've seen on that social site that he's still commenting on girls photos and liking the photos too. I feel like he's trying to keep his options open. Or really trying to figure out how he feels. I don't know what to think. I miss him so much. I ended up joining up on the site too just to get my mind off things and it said he viewed my profile too, so he knows I have one. Except I'm not really talking to many people on there. I know he's single and he can do what he wants, but after what he said to me. I'm not sure if I should take his word for it. If he's liking and commenting on these girls photos is that his way of saying no I don't want to work it out. It really hurts me too, he probably thinks I'm checking up on him though. Should I take his word for it, give him space, show him that I'm making changes?Seeing these girls as well makes me feel so sh*t about myself, I could never compare to them.
How can I get my ex back?
Add Opinion