Why Jesus said you should not be discouraged when people insult you

jennifer_bloom

Jesus said that God rewards you if you forgive those who insult you and your rewards will be far greater than the grievance they gave you with their mocking and disrespectful behaviour. He also said that God will reward you if people reject your friendship because of your religious belief - so long as your beliefs are ethical and founded in love towards God.

5
3
3Girl Opinion
5Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• ImRetarded
    If we humans hated Christ and abused and crucified him. Expect to be treated unfairly in your life as well. If you are a follower of Christ, being persecuted or treated poorly should be an assurance to your testimony because Christ was also miss treated. It is like an indicator that God is with you. But if you are mistreated because of your bad behavior, there is nothing to be proud of that.

"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name. For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And “If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” Therefore let those who suffer according to God’s will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good."
    1 Peter 12:19
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Maybe Jesus is telling us to just ignore those type of people and go on with your life I always get the vibes of people who do me wrong or hurt me, yes sometimes it takes a lot but I get drama and toxic people out of my life and I believe that we receive signs that someone is bad company to keep.
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

33
  • Rebel1003
    Well its actually common sense... you got to keep a strong might and sight in life and do not allow others stones to bring you down and give up... we learn from our mistakes and take good from the bad and build yourself up stronger than those who wish to see us fail
    Like 1 Person
  • silvermoon84
    “Fear of human opinions is crippling, trusting in God protects you from that”. - Proverbs 29:25

People’s opinion of me don’t matter to me tbh. Everyone is entitled to have one and they stink more often than not. A healthy sense of self esteem and a solid relationship with God can help you not care what other people think.
  • collie22
    mankind is literally surrounded by legions of Satan's evil-doers
    Like 2 People
  • SixFootSexy
    Why do you think people should be rewarded for taking insults gracefully?
  • Pete671
    Imho if you insult someone you are insulting God's creation, best thing you can do is pray for them,
    Like 1 Person
  • Anonymous
    Yes, that is true. That is what I strive for.