What the fear of God means to me

jennifer_bloom
Christian Musician Matt Redman had “The Friendship and the Fear.” As his label slogan on his CD panel

In the same way that this Christian Musician coincides the friendship of God with the fear of God, so the fear of God makes you friendly towards others, and this friendliness is an expression of your fear of God, not of man. Fear of man makes you cowardly and dishonest, but fear of God, makes you courageous, accommodating, alert, and helpful.

When you fear God, you do not dominate the conversation, because you give other people a chance to talk. You care, not only for whether people meet your expectations, but also whether you meet there’s. When there is a party, you graciously share your food with others, and avoid hoarding the lobster and steak, because you want to give others a chance to eat.

When you attend a party, you spend your time in the kitchen cooking and washing dishes, and not out in the open, showing off your Prada bag and bragging about your raise at work, so to me, fearing God, coincides with friendly and cooperative behaviour with others, such as standing up on a bus, so others can sit down.

To fear God, also means being inclusive, by showing respect for people of different racial, linguistic, cultural, intellectual, financial, professional, religious and spiritual backgrounds. In the same way that doctors don’t assess gender or intelligence before treating their patient, so Christians must not look at hair and make up, before deciding whether or not to love and respect somebody else.

What the fear of God means to me
5
3
3Girl Opinion
5Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Changiis07
    I like how you put that!
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

24
  • MoodyJazz
    That was very insightful. But I'm a little confused by this sentence 'Fear of man makes you cowardly and dishonest, but fear of God, makes you courageous, accommodating, alert, and helpful.'. How does fearing God make you courageous and helpful? If the fear of god what's driving you to help others? That means a little dark
  • collie22
    Hebrew word yare has more than one meaning, could be reverence
    Like 1 Person
  • Hulk30
    the fear of God to me means respectin him and doin his will
    Like 1 Person
  • OddBeMe
    Why does fear of god make you want to wash dishes instead of enjoying the party?
    Like 1 Person
  • Manuel2
    You should fear no Devil or Demon when you have God on your side.
    What has God done to be feared?
  • Anonymous
    the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom