How God used my desires to control me

jennifer_bloom
How God used my desires to control me

I can think of multiple times in my life where God used my desire for men to control me.

I remember I should have gotten an A- in my religion class but I had a crush on my classmate and worked extremely hard to impress him by studying extra hard for our class and I got an A+ in the class.

For another class, I also got an A+ cause I had a crush on a guy who came from the country I was studying in my class and I spent 7 years learning about his culture before I took the course so I got an A+ in that class too.

And than I tried to impress the guy I like by becoming a published author and now I have over 50 book outlines and 25 - 50 study projects on standby. Because of my desire to date a guy, I blossomed in my career as an author.

Than I watched a stressful tv series cause I had a crush on the male lead actor and that motivated me to get ideas for my self-help books by reading novels and watching fictional movies. This solved my problem of not having access to the university library to do research, when I graduated. Before my crush, I never thought of using fictional stories for advice for my self-help books because I never had the motive to watch a fictional movie to its completion.

I also developed patience through training because I thought I would need patience if I married my crush and had kids and now my patience has brought me closer to God by teaching me to respect others.

And even the last job I got, I started working there cause I had a crush on a guy I knew and I thought I would need a job if I wanted guys to date me. I also thought I would need income to start my own family and that motivated me to stay at my job when people were quitting because of CoVid. But eventually, I got laid off.

When it came to coming up with an image for my book, I realized a symbolic painting I created about romantic love in high school could be used for my book title page and had I hired a professional artist to do the same drawing, it would have cost me over $30,000. The motive for my artwork was that I was contemplating the meaning of love for Christians and came up with a bunch of symbols for my art work which I made in 2001.

How God used my desires to control me
4
2
2Girl Opinion
4Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• horsenrhinounicorn
    I like what you share about your life and what you learn from it so others who go through the same thing can benefit. I think the word control could easily be misunderstood by some and may not give the reader its proper meaning. Some details are missing. I will just give a example: When a person visits their grandparents, the grandparents have control over the home, what gets brought inside of it, and who is welcomed inside. A person who loves their grandparents wants to be honorable and obedient, they trust this person whole heartedly and are willing to give them authority and control over many things; the same is true with our relationship with God, when we make the choice to get rid of the desires of the flesh, we give him authority to teach us.

One has to give God authority by allowing him to enter the door that he knocks on.

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV

In Hebrews 12:5-11 we find this about discipline:

4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.(A) 5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline
    and do not lose heart (B) when he rebukes you,
    6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,(C)
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”[a](D)
    7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children.(E) For what children are not disciplined by their father?8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline (F)—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits (G) and live!(H) 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness.(I)11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace (J) for those who have been trained by it.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• ellegee3
    Wow I find this telling to be beautiful. Its like you were following your desires and it unfolded your destiny. Really interested to read the book!
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

13
  • Hulk30
    ill say this in response followin God through religion or not whatever your concept of God is that won't make ya asexual now sexuality by design and default of God makin it is automatically a spiritual thing sex and sexual desire only is carnal when it's used and done in the way God didn't design it for now ill share all the bible verses that ya can read on your own time from the new living translation that he actually condones polygamy if ya think other wise please read all the verses from the new living translation and get back to me and we'll have a conversation about all this maa'm anyway here goes genesis 2:22-24 deuteronomy genesis 3 genesis 4 deuteronomy 21:1-17 deuteronomy 25:5-12 2 samuel 12 deuteronomy 17:16-17 1 chronicles 4:5 2 samuel 5:13 2 samuel 12:8 2 chronicles 11:21 2 chronicles 13:21exodus 21:10 genesis 4:19 genesis 30:4 genesis30:9 isaiah 4:1 judges 8:30 numbers 12:1 1 samuel 1:1-2 deuteronomy 21:15-17 2 chronicles 24:1-3 ezekiel 23:1-4 1 corinthians 7:1-5 deuteronomy 25:5-10 1 chronicles 3:1-9 here's some verses on lust job31:11-21 here's a verse on what constitutes marriage biblically genesis 4:1 now adam had sexual relations with his wife eve and she became pregnant here's different verses on marriage 1 peter 3:1 genesis 2:24 matthew 5:31-32 mark 10:2-12 luke 16:8 1 conrinthians 7:39 ephesians 5:33 matthew 19:6-7 roman 7:2-3 deuteronomy 22:19 jeremiah 3:1 malachi 2:16 matthew 1:19 1 corinthians 7:11-13 jeremiah 3:8 isaiah 50:1 deuteronomy 24:1-4 matthew 19:8-9 hebrews 13:4 romans 7:3 now im givin ya the holy bible from the new living translation because i love you and it's the easiest to understand and im not givin ya these bible verses for ya to just go out and have sex with a man and im not here to change your concept of God just to show ya the reality of who he and how he really is so my advice to ya is to make sure that your love for men which ain't wrong i love women myself but just to make sure it never overrides your love for God and if ya read the holy bible from the new living translation like i requested then that ya allow God to give ya clarity on where he stands on different issues peace and blessins
  • patrick677
    Stop people to use god for all your weakness or things you have. Sorry guys but when i hear most of people talking about god i am so sorry for their stupidity...

Pray as you want, nothing will absolutly change in your life but maybe you will some change and this changed you made it

Its hard to believe still people have more admiration for a god they not know it existw than their own family, dont tell me in here you dont see the brainwash? 🤣
    Disagree 1 Person
  • Anonymous
    Your god did nothing. You did. Give yourself a pat on the back.
    Disagree 1 Person
  • Anonymous
    God: here's some free will
    Also god: let me use that free will to control you
    LikeDisagree 3 People