What the bible says about publicized faith and godliness

jennifer_bloom

The book of Matthew 6 gives 3 rules for practicing faith and spirituality

People who practice kindness to get attention receive no reward for their kindness which is why you must privatize both your kindness and your philanthropic effort

People who practice their religion to get attention receive no reward for their religion which is why you must privatize both your religious work and your religious achievement

People who practice asceticism for attention receive no reward for their asceticism which is why you must privatize both your kindness and your ascetic achievement

6
1
1Girl Opinion
6Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Jhonrembo
    Meaning that a person should be real and not do things for what people will think of him or it is worth making an external impression. That the prayer work is done from the heart it affects the whole world and is also accepted. Things need to be done because you believe, trust and love God and also because He has commanded you to behave in this way. When you trust in God grace always envelops you. When you give you give first to yourself it is the truth that the good is influenced by you. And through this behavior you are getting closer to God who is the absolute good.
    Like 3 People
    Is this still revelant?
  • emperor90
    Very good learnt something new
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

14
  • Leonharted
    As an atheist who has zero problem with religious belief at all, I'm gonna refer to Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius on this one.What the bible says about publicized faith and godlinessThis is by no means an attack on you. I just think too many people get so caught up in defining what good is that they forget to actually practice it, which is far more important. If there's a God, and you do your absolute best, then I feel that you'll be able to stand tall and unapologetic at the Gates of Heaven.
    Disagree 1 Person
  • origami_cranes
    It's all about who you're doing it for.

I've done stuff in public (like pray). I also worship really eccentric (I get down on the ground and nobody at my church does it). But I don't worry about others. They aren't a part of our relationship. It's kind of like giving a kiss to your husband in public because you love him, versus doing it to prove you're a good wife.

I don't do stuff in public for attention. I do it because I can't really get away to somewhere in private sometimes and I have no choice.
    • In other words: being in public won't stop me from loving God, either.

• Massageman
    People who have to have recognition for what they do for others are simply practicing to be politician!

Gal 6:9 and Col 3:17 - the Glory goes to God

Matt 7:21-23 - not by our works - also Eph 2:8-9. (our pastor just covered this one today-!!!)

Micah 6:8 - advises us to walk humbly - implied would be not doing stuff for the recognition.

Matt 6:1-4. Is basically an "intro" to the Mat 6:6 you cited. Whether others see what we do to help is immaterial: God sees, God knows. Only HE has the right of judgment. What the bible says about publicized faith and godlinessThe light shows the DEED, not the doer: the praise goes to God.
  • CertifiedHandsomity
    If you want religion privatized then don't go to The Salvation Army, Chick-fil-A, or In-N-Out.
  • Waldoe
    Agree 100%
    Like 1 Person