Does "God" live within you or outside you? How do you know if he has listened to your prayers?

This question applies to Agnostic faith too. πŸ‘ΌπŸ’ž

1042

Most Helpful Guy

• It's your conscience. When they say nothing is hidden what won't be revealed, it means you can't hide you from you. God is all the goodness in you. The part of you which knows right from wrong. You break you own mold and you're conscience will make you suffer, like feeling guilt for stealing say when you know it's wrong. If your good god is in you and if he's in you he's there because you keep his rules. If you break the rules you'll suffer until you are genuinely sorry for breaking them. Repenting for sin. If you adopt a way of life you must respect it's rules or what's the point?

Most Helpful Girl

• If there is such thing as god then he must be deaf, because prayers are definitely not being listened to. I’m not even talking about myself here, I’ve never really prayed. But there are plenty of good people out there, people who believe in god and pray and still get nothing. People still lose jobs, their homes and families. Babies die before they even have a chance to live. People and their families are tortured by cancers and die slow, painful deaths. Lowlifes of this world rape children and bomb cities. People starve to death. Where is this god when stuff like that is happening to good people who believe in him?

What Guys Said 41

• God is the creator of time and space itself, and he doesn't exist within it's confines. He is present in every place and moment in time just as much as any other. He's infinite and eternal, so to say he's either outside of me or inside of me would both be inaccurate

• You mean to say God cuts across living, dead & non-living, across the universe that "we" know, and since he is omnipresent he doesn't live in or out (of anything). Isn't it?

• I'm just saying things we can conclude or know through the Scriptures are true, but how it all fits together we will never truly understand. We can't even understand infinite time, let alone an infinite existence and entity. I'm not trying to confuse you lol

• Kool πŸ‘

• Our religion says, it exists in everyone.
    www.google.co.in/imgres

• Both, i see the concept of god very abstract since i could never know the true form in this lifetime. To me he is the source of positivity mainly love. So if you take it that way he is inside of all of his in larger or smaller amounts.

And yes i have gotten my prayers answered before, i never have gotten what i asked for but i did get acknowledgement.

• The truth is in the Bible just read it carefully and test it if you want. But don't think God has left us here without a clue.

• Genesis 22 is one, the whole god moving people to a land while removing those who lived there is another.
      The god i know cares most about love and freedom, he would never want sacrefises in his name. Killing something for the sake of killing is just not something i expect a loving being to require.

• www.biblegateway.com/.../ is another even better example. This directly contradicts both love and free will the two things i learnt they value most. The devil on the otherhand i would totally see this do. Kill an entire town if one person refuses to worship satan? Seems plausible to me.

Its things like this why i shield myself based on what my own experiences thought me, and not blindly accept what is written.

• If there was a God, he never gave a crap about my prayers. Even when I still was going to church regularly.

• Listen please God don't answer just any prayer. Let me tell you the truth. God will hear the prayer of repentance first before any other. So you will first need to ask God to forgive and accept Jesus Christ His son as Your Lord and Savior. Other than that you are no different from the theif who say oh god 'let me steal something today.' God will hear you of you have a relationship with Him and you don't get that relationship by going to Church either.

• @jake007 so you're the judge of what is Christianity and what not? I don't think so. by the way I was in both churches anyway. No difference. God may hear me or not. Anyhow he doesn't do shit for me no matter how much I do for him so fuck him.

• Again if it works for you, good for you but your way won't lead everyone to their destination. It only leads you to your destination. It's nice of you that you think since it works for you it must work for others but that's not how life works.

• He lives Within Me... he lives with in everyone I could tell you some stories that would blow you away how powerful your voice your prayer prayers is when you speak to God truly from the heart it has to be truly from the heart

• Read the Bible for the best answers. The kingdom of God is with in you Soul (emotiins, will and mind). God built us to be a place where He can live. Jesus said; don't you know your body is a temple for The Holy Spirit? God the Father lives In Heaven, God the Son goes back and forth, God the Holy Spirit is in us and with us who believe in Jesus Christmas as our Lord and Savior.

• We can't say anything about God because we simply don't know. We can't proof he is there we can't denie he isn't. We don't know the smallest thing about God even though there are many holy books on the world we can't proof that the information in those books is true but we can assume and I assume he is everywhere and nowhere and he listens to all our prayers in all places in all languages

• You can actually examine the evidences in those Holy book and see which on of them get it all right and if you do that you will see that the Bible is the only one that van be trusted. For Instane, many holy books like the quran, Hindu vedas, etc got it all wrong based on latest scientific and Historical doscoveries. Like the age of the universe, the gestation period of women, the past, present a day future of the universe. Etc.. Only the Bible has it all right from Genesis to Revelation. God Himself said that the Words u the Bible were inspired by His Spirit and are all true.

• You take care and think about it and make the right decision.

• Thanks for the worrying but in my opinion which are based on greater facts then yours you are wrong but hey let's agree to disagree and love eachother just like both religions are implying to

• Well, i pray to Jesus everyday and through out the day
    i hope and i feel i know he is out there and hears me praying
    Jesus is the Son of God and he died on the Cross for our sins
    this is my belief. So i would say God lives within me.

• No. God doesn't live within me or outside me. And nothing fails like prayer.

• Miss Freya...
    God is you, it's everything and more

Your heart beats by itself, your cells do what they do without you controlling them...
    You are the sum of it's parts, everything is

He always listens.. anytime anywhere...

• Thanks. πŸ‘πŸ’• But, isn't it the food that we eat ultimately converts into energy to power our cells & organs, and gives us life. How is working of our body connected to God being inside us or outside us then? πŸ˜‡ πŸ’•

• I don't know but both god and the devil live in me and I struggle daily deciding what path to take i know i can achieve whatever i want but i want to be humble and decent but then i LΓΈvΓ« material objects and money so im torn between this daily struggle lol

• Repent like this and God will be the one in full control. Pray; "Almighty God, I forgive everyone who has hurt me, please forgive me my sins and please lead and direct me in everything I do, say think accomplish by my will, emotions, mind, body, spirit. In Jesus Christ name. I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is my Lord (Master) and Savior. Amen.

• The government in the Bible is not the same government we use today. The Biblical government is not democracy and you should learn before you make up your mind about anything. Just make sure you watch the video and see if you can deny the truth.

• Alright dude just cause you seem chill I'll look into it πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

• God is the thing that created our world
    Basically started the big bang
    Or started all universes

It has to be some sort of time travel
    To start all this shit here

So whoever did it
    Is god
    Maybe humans,
    Maybe any other race

But the real question is
    If this "loop" collapsed
    What's left...

• God is not a thing but a Spirit and He us actually the Father of all spirit. You human being is a spirit in a soul, that posses a body. So God is not to be addressed with such adjectives.

• Well, let's be honest. The whole concept of religion and God was created because people could not explain things happening around them. They didn't know why lightning, rain, wind, etc. Happened. They just attributed it to an Omnipotent, Omniscient being. Religion was needed as it gave people hope during dark times. People lived through adverse conditions just because they thought God will help them. It wasn't God who kept them alive but their willpower. Today we have something to replace religion, it's called science. And unlike Religion, it makes sense.
    It's high time we let go of religion and accept the reality. If not, then you are no better than the Americans who are trying to shoot Hurricane Irma.

• I thought God lived in the clouds 0_0 what type of atheist can answer this lol this is harder than the ACT

• God the Father lives outside of time and space. God the Son lives in and out of time and space the Holy Spirit lives in us who have accepted Jesus Christ to be our Lord and Savior. The Spirit lives in out Soul, where our will, emotions, and mind is. That us why a Christian is usually happy and peaceful all the time.

• God Almighty will give you His Spirit if you believe and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord (Master) and Savior. His Spirit will teach, guide and comfort you everyday if you keep your relationship with God Almighty by praying.

• Yes and he has.

• Both. Some prayers He hasn't answered yet, but some He has. I know, because this entire universal existence proves it.

• God, and the concept itself, is hilarious. Im glad its complete crap. Using tje catholic one as an example as there are over 3000... The catholic god sounds like an evil, capricious being who doesn't care about people.

• I was driving and tried to let Jesus take the wheel but he let me crash so I'm not talking to him anymore

• You should let Jesus Christmas take the wheel of your heart and drive your life in the right direction. That is the first wheel He should take then any other. Accept Him I'm Your Heart as Your Lord and Savior.

• Stop playing okay. It means a lot for Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, cause Heaven and Hell are both real. And you don't want to think they aren't and then when you die you meet them by surprise. So of the Bible can be trusted on so many other things, you should trust it on this one too.

• I was talking about my upstairs neighbor named Jesus. He is from Porto Rico.

• GOD lives inside me. When I'm in any problem or any difficult situation HE helps me.
    HE always care about me. HE gives me anything which is better and best for me. HE loves me.

• i'm an atheist so does "God" exist in the first place?

• according to islamic teachings. He is on the Arsy. It was outside you. Listening to prayer is very easy. He is The God All Mighty. His knowledge compared to human is all water in the sea vs 1 drop of sea water.

• Near me x

• He will be in you if you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Pray; "Jesus Christ, I know and believe you died on the Cross of Calvary for my sins, I confess am a sinner and I ask please forgive me all my sins. I ask you come in to my Heart and Be My Lord and Savior. Thank You for hearing me. Amen."

• Please examine these evidences and see for yourself.
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=WL&v=JiMqzN_YSXU

• God is everywhere at the same time.

• God in my belief is present within and without. It's up to you to believe and accept through faith. You just need faith.

• God is all in your head

• We are not special. No one exist because of a plan. God is a lie. We live then die and have no baring on existence. So stop wasting your time trying to make someone you'll never know happy and live your life.

• I can feel him inside me, and I can feel the devil too. God is a spirit!

• He lives inside my diyuk.

• If you don't care just say I don't care. Don't talk crazy, because He has done nothing to deserve your insult.

• @jake007 you're a joke. None of what you said is logical or scientific. You don't even hear yourself.

• Check the link I sent you if think am joking.

• I don't pray and even if I believed in God I won't expect it to answer my prayers.

• what God? ?

• God of the Bible Is the Only True God. Because every other religious book actually make lot of mistakes but The Bible just don't.

• This why it so hard to teach ignorant people. I told you give me your best shot and you still not doing anything but insulting me. Just find where it is in the Bible and let me know. Where does it say you can rape slaves in the Bible?

• Stop insulting, we are here to learn. Just tell what you think and where it is written in the Bible and that is it. Where?

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think God lives within you, but what does live within you is your faith.

And it is that same strong faith and belief that guides you in life and builds a connection with God, and - from personal experience - when you pray for something with a true heart and clean intentions you will feel the presence of God or His angels (in my belief) and your prayers being listened to.

• Having faith, I think base on one's personal beliefs with god night alter how they may feel, witness or even sense him/her. For some it's an internal feeling, emotions that override you with joy. For some it's an external feeling as if sensing him being always near or beside you, guiding you. But everyone is different.

• Agnostic isn't a faith. Its a lack of faith.

• God lives in me and around me, the way i see it and the way i feel is that god is in me and it shows with the decisions i make and he is around me seeing as he protects me from a hella load of dangers in my day to day life.

and the thing with prayer is that god hears your prayers but you need to understand he gives you what you need when he sees you need it not just automatically want it.

• God lives in my heart, I love hum and his wisdom guides my life. He is my hope, my strength and my reason for living.

• Haven't got time for God.

• I have numerous testimonies, I will not go there anymore after a loss of friendship due to me being open, many times I will be faced with ridicule, slandered as a dreamer, liar based on my own accounts, or a crazy philosopher, based on my views and principles that worked throughout my experience in life. If someone comes up with an issue, I would bring up the words of wisdom that I had verified to be true, they will hate me more for it. The most recent ones would be crazy shaman, clingy sick stalker. Those last insults were really hurtful. If I was a rock, it wouldn't hurt. About GOD who is omnipresent being everywhere including inside us, it is a very touchy subject among those who have lost faith or never had faith to begin with. I try to steer clear of religion talk. It only divides people up more which is the last thing that our creator wanted from us.

• he lives everywhere
    i know that because he answers by actions

• Any personal experiences, you would like to share please?

• " If the request is wrong God says β€œNo”.
      If the timing is wrong God says β€œSlow”.
      If you are wrong God says β€œGrow”
      But if the request is right and the timing is right and you are right, God says β€œGo”.’'

So just because he doesn't answers your pray that doesn't mean that he won't. You might get it late. Or you might asking for something that's not good for you. So if God is not answering it is also an answer to your prays. He hives a message by sayinh no not now. He gives an answer by saying no never.

• My personal experience? I had many bad things in my life. I thought how come having illness is good for me. Why God doesn't cure me. But actually he was trying to tell me something. He was saying that l forgot him n only pray to him when l need. He wanted me to find the true way with this illness. With this illness l got closer to God. I was praying day n night. That was a test. Both to make me closer to him n to see if l will give up just because God is making me wait. I waited for years with pain. i prayed a lot with the tears in my eyes. And after years a treatment workee well for me. I got a lot better but not completely well. That was a way of God saying l did well. But l still have some things to do. My test is not complete yet.

In this case, God answered me late. Because he was testing my passion. Still testing some things that's why didn't cured me completely.

• God is everything. I am not separate in any way from God.

God knew your concerns before you prayed.

But God is not some cosmic fairy Godmother granting wishes. God is transformational power, not coercive power.