Does "God" live within you or outside you? How do you know if he has listened to your prayers?

This question applies to Agnostic faith too. ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿ’ž

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's your conscience. When they say nothing is hidden what won't be revealed, it means you can't hide you from you. God is all the goodness in you. The part of you which knows right from wrong. You break you own mold and you're conscience will make you suffer, like feeling guilt for stealing say when you know it's wrong. If your good god is in you and if he's in you he's there because you keep his rules. If you break the rules you'll suffer until you are genuinely sorry for breaking them. Repenting for sin. If you adopt a way of life you must respect it's rules or what's the point?

2|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If there is such thing as god then he must be deaf, because prayers are definitely not being listened to. Iโ€™m not even talking about myself here, Iโ€™ve never really prayed. But there are plenty of good people out there, people who believe in god and pray and still get nothing. People still lose jobs, their homes and families. Babies die before they even have a chance to live. People and their families are tortured by cancers and die slow, painful deaths. Lowlifes of this world rape children and bomb cities. People starve to death. Where is this god when stuff like that is happening to good people who believe in him?

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• God is the creator of time and space itself, and he doesn't exist within it's confines. He is present in every place and moment in time just as much as any other. He's infinite and eternal, so to say he's either outside of me or inside of me would both be inaccurate

0|1
    0|1
    • You mean to say God cuts across living, dead & non-living, across the universe that "we" know, and since he is omnipresent he doesn't live in or out (of anything). Isn't it?

• Show All
    • I'm just saying things we can conclude or know through the Scriptures are true, but how it all fits together we will never truly understand. We can't even understand infinite time, let alone an infinite existence and entity. I'm not trying to confuse you lol

• Kool ๐Ÿ‘

• Read the Bible for the best answers. The kingdom of God is with in you Soul (emotiins, will and mind). God built us to be a place where He can live. Jesus said; don't you know your body is a temple for The Holy Spirit? God the Father lives In Heaven, God the Son goes back and forth, God the Holy Spirit is in us and with us who believe in Jesus Christmas as our Lord and Savior.

2|0
    1|0
  • Both, i see the concept of god very abstract since i could never know the true form in this lifetime. To me he is the source of positivity mainly love. So if you take it that way he is inside of all of his in larger or smaller amounts.

And yes i have gotten my prayers answered before, i never have gotten what i asked for but i did get acknowledgement.

0|0
    0|0
    • The truth is in the Bible just read it carefully and test it if you want. But don't think God has left us here without a clue.

• Show All
    • Genesis 22 is one, the whole god moving people to a land while removing those who lived there is another.
      The god i know cares most about love and freedom, he would never want sacrefises in his name. Killing something for the sake of killing is just not something i expect a loving being to require.

• www.biblegateway.com/.../ is another even better example. This directly contradicts both love and free will the two things i learnt they value most. The devil on the otherhand i would totally see this do. Kill an entire town if one person refuses to worship satan? Seems plausible to me.

Its things like this why i shield myself based on what my own experiences thought me, and not blindly accept what is written.

• We can't say anything about God because we simply don't know. We can't proof he is there we can't denie he isn't. We don't know the smallest thing about God even though there are many holy books on the world we can't proof that the information in those books is true but we can assume and I assume he is everywhere and nowhere and he listens to all our prayers in all places in all languages

0|0
    0|0
    • You can actually examine the evidences in those Holy book and see which on of them get it all right and if you do that you will see that the Bible is the only one that van be trusted. For Instane, many holy books like the quran, Hindu vedas, etc got it all wrong based on latest scientific and Historical doscoveries. Like the age of the universe, the gestation period of women, the past, present a day future of the universe. Etc.. Only the Bible has it all right from Genesis to Revelation. God Himself said that the Words u the Bible were inspired by His Spirit and are all true.

• Show All
    • You take care and think about it and make the right decision.

• Thanks for the worrying but in my opinion which are based on greater facts then yours you are wrong but hey let's agree to disagree and love eachother just like both religions are implying to

• God is the thing that created our world
    Basically started the big bang
    Or started all universes

It has to be some sort of time travel
    To start all this shit here

So whoever did it
    Is god
    Maybe humans,
    Maybe any other race

But the real question is
    If this "loop" collapsed
    What's left...

0|0
    0|0
    • God is not a thing but a Spirit and He us actually the Father of all spirit. You human being is a spirit in a soul, that posses a body. So God is not to be addressed with such adjectives.

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Having faith, I think base on one's personal beliefs with god night alter how they may feel, witness or even sense him/her. For some it's an internal feeling, emotions that override you with joy. For some it's an external feeling as if sensing him being always near or beside you, guiding you. But everyone is different.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think God lives within you, but what does live within you is your faith.

And it is that same strong faith and belief that guides you in life and builds a connection with God, and - from personal experience - when you pray for something with a true heart and clean intentions you will feel the presence of God or His angels (in my belief) and your prayers being listened to.

0|0
    0|0
  • God lives in me and around me, the way i see it and the way i feel is that god is in me and it shows with the decisions i make and he is around me seeing as he protects me from a hella load of dangers in my day to day life.

and the thing with prayer is that god hears your prayers but you need to understand he gives you what you need when he sees you need it not just automatically want it.

0|0
    0|0
  • God lives in my heart, I love hum and his wisdom guides my life. He is my hope, my strength and my reason for living.

0|1
    0|0
  • Agnostic isn't a faith. Its a lack of faith.

1|1
    0|1
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes