Which would you rather have your Boyfriend/Girlfriend be Atheist or Pagan?

Which would you rather have your Boyfriend/Girlfriend be Atheist or Pagan? Help me settle a debate I'm having with a friend on the topic. If you had to choose one or the other which would you prefer your partner be Pagan or Atheist? Neither or Both is not part of the debate. Please limit your response to the choices below.
  • Which would you rather have your Boyfriend/Girlfriend be Atheist or Pagan? Atheist
    Vote A
  • Which would you rather have your Boyfriend/Girlfriend be Atheist or Pagan? Pagan
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well
    1. I’m pagan
    2. paganism is one of the oldest religions on this earth
    3. Paganism has different sects so paganism is very vague

So I’d choose paganism

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm agnostic (aethiest technically) and I started dating a pagan recently. It's honestly been kind of an adventure seeing how her and her mother do things. For instance her mother ALWAYS carries sage with her, and both of them use tarrot cards at least once a month. It's been very interesting and fun to be apart of it, even as an outsider looking in.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I said pagan. I'd rather have someone believe in something rather than nothing after death. I'd be interested in learning what being pagan is about too. Can't learn anything from an atheist.

1|1
    0|0
  • SInce I'm an atheist myself it would most likely be a better match.

1|3
    0|0
    • I’ve actually enjoyed dating someone of different beliefs more than someone of similar beliefs. I don’t know if you’ve done it before and had a different experience however.

• Atheist, I guess, since that's what I am too.

1|3
    0|0
  • i’m an atheist myself so... an atheist.

2|3
    0|0
  • I don't mind it either way

2|0
    0|0
  • Neither

1|0
    0|0
    • Id prefer a sadist over those two.

• Show All
    • l would be willing to do it for you

• thank you l can't stop thinking of you would you like to come to scotland on holiday some time l would look after you xxxx

• Single.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• Said A, but I don't really care. It's fun to have some disagreement with your partner on different issues so you can talk about them. My ex was a sort of vague theist, but had no ideas on what god was or anything like that.
    It'd be cool to date a norse pagan or something, but I don't know how Odin would look on it if my next partner was a male XD maybe Fenrir would enlist us on it's side of ragnarok.

0|1
    0|0
    • Odin doesn’t care, he doesn’t make things like that his business. I’d love to explain it Korea if you want, I a man actually a Norse pagan and I’d love to teach you more.

• Show All
    • I feel that who other people are don’t matter, the gods could care less who you are. Just die with honor in battle, even if you die out of battle or with no honor there is no horrible punishment to start out with in the afterlife. You have to do something messed up to have a bad afterlife and that’s only because Hel isn’t letting her territory get overtaken with chaos. But even a murderer can sit and feast with the innocent as long as he can stop his killing and save it for Ragnarok.

• I'm an atheist. I only date atheists. I don't really understand religious people. From here, all religions are the same.

1|2
    0|0
  • As an atheist myself, I would prefer someone likeminded.

1|3
    0|0
  • In my experience, a lot of Atheists are assholes and a lot of Pagans are just plain dippy. Still, I’d rather have an asshole than a dip. Atheist it is.

0|1
    0|1
  • Either one is good actually. Aslong as it Norse Paganism. Then we good. If that's not a choice... Atheist of course I don't usually want a religious nut job...

0|2
    0|0
  • I’m an agnostic, so I’d say atheist as long as they’re not a militant atheist. Those people are so annoying.

1|2
    0|0
    • @pervertedjester slightly off topic, but you ever meet a militant atheist? Those people are so embedded and preachy about being atheist that it’s basically their religion. They’re so sure that there isn’t a god just like those aggressive Christians (not all) are so sure there’s Jesus and if you don’t believe there’s no god for sure then you’re retarded where as aggressive Christians will tell you that you’re going to hell.

• Atheist.
    I want someone who does the right things, because she personally wants to and not because an old book tells her to do so.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don’t know how it works for most pagans but my gods (the Norse gods) don’t affect how you behave much, It’s more up to you.

• I'm a neopagan so it'd be cool for my so to also be a neopagan but i don't care if they were an atheist

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm an atheist, so I think that a religious person would always complain about my philosophy.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't know what paganism is so I guess I'll go with atheist

1|1
    0|0
  • Atheist because then we would be on the same wavelength.

0|1
    0|0
  • Atheist, although I don't care as long as they keep religious shit to themself

0|1
    0|0
  • Neither is acceptable for me. I wouldn'r want either one.

1|0
    0|0
  • As an atheist myself, I would pick Atheist

1|2
    0|0
  • Atheist ofc. They are the shine of tomorrow.

1|2
    0|0
  • Atheist

1|1
    0|0
  • I used to be a Pagan.

1|1
    0|0
  • Atheist

0|1
    0|0
  • American is Heathen