How might a man "put God first" ?

If a man says that God takes number 1 priority in his life followed by; woman, home, and then career, what are ways he puts God first?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You can choose to get upset or you can choose to appreciate his point of view. While I can hardly call myself religious, I studied religion from philosophical and cultural aspect. When someone says they put God first, it usually means they choose to make morals taught by the religion the cornerstone of their being.
    There is nothing wrong with a man who chooses morality.

0|0
    0|0
    • At what point did I say or seem like I was upset with him? If I did, I really didn't mean to. I respect his opinion and the way he chooses to live

Most Helpful Girl

• In this life you either serve God and have him first in your heart or idols. idols can be from money and material goods, to humans you abnormally love. when i person says i put God first and means it, is like lets say a christian husband marrying a semi-secular woman, who asks him to not go to the sermon in the Sunday for example or not keep his Friday fast. if he truly puts God first, he won't succumb to his wife's ungodly will. same with us towards a secular partner.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• It may mean he believes in God, are praying regularly to God and is appreciating in the things he likes in life that he believes is given by God. Since God don't have any human needs because it's not physical, it don't require to be fed or anything like that. It may be all about remember God and never forget it.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is one of those christian mantras - 'let god (or the lord) be your guide'. You pray about things first before trying to decide anything, judge anything. It's cute, but not very practical. Likely means he's probly a pretty good head, even if a bit naive.

0|2
    0|0
  • i think it's the christian way of saying "i put myself first"... it's not selfish though, cause it is important to care for yourself before you care for others.

cause it doesn't matter who you are or what you believe, every conversation you have with "god" is nothing more than a conversation with yourself. i'm not putting that down. it's good and important to do that. i'm just a realist, that's why i like to see things how they are.

0|1
    0|2
  • Good? If he loves God. Then he will love you. The christain bible theachs for men to love there wife as jesus loves the chruch. That means he will take a bulit for you..

0|0
    0|0
  • He will likely put God first through tithe and offering, volunteering in the church, and putting his relationship with Christ and spiritual disciplines at a higher priority than dating, building/maintaining a household, or working a career. That doesn't mean he won't do the rest of the things, it nust means they are a lower priority.

0|0
    0|0
  • In other words, his religion and religious beliefs come first. So if his religion says women are second class citizens, he would treat you so. If his religion says not to eat beef and you have to have a steak every day, he would dump you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it a riddle of sorts, what are ways he puts God first? by putting his woman, home, and then career, first he is doing just that in a sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be willing to shed spouses, parents, careers, and even children if it is necessary to serve the Lord.

0|1
    0|0
  • Say a guy has a job he's worked very hard to get, but he did something wrong and decides to fess up knowing it will likely cost him his job. He chooses to do it anyway because he knows he is honoring God in doing that. Putting God first means trusting Him completely to work things out, and it means honoring him if ever a choice must be made between God, self interest, and at times even family. If a man's wife tells him she wants to see him have sex with another woman then a man putting God first means refusing with the knowledge that doing so would be dishonoring to God.

0|0
    0|0
  • That looks like my religion so I think I know what he is talking about. Are you dating him? Are you married to him?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm sure it looks like a lot of religions. No we are just friends

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• He prays and goes to Him first when he has problems

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe praying is his priority

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes