Do people continue to have wishes, desires and think after death?

According to a study I quoted in one of myTakes, https://www.girlsaskguys.com/religion-spirituality/a51374-two-reasons-for-belief a research study showed that up to 50% of adults believe that dead persons/ agents still have wishes, feel love, etc after death.

I was wondering what the rates were amongst the GaG community.
  • Yes I think they do.
  • No, I think all of that stops at death.

1021

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Because all that stuff comes from a brain. After the brain shuts down there is no 'Me' to be having desires.
    There's just no good reason to believe otherwise, other than wishful thinking because death is scary.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Will you hold me?

• @jimyee What about it?
      Either my brain is in a mechanical body and I'm still alive, or you're talking about some sort of saved consciousness, that's not a continuation of me, but rather just a copy of me. Like a clone. The original and the copy are completely separate entities, that just happen to share the same personality and memories.

The game SOMA touches on the latter, actually and it's pretty interesting.

• @Jimyee
      If that were to be done (and I'd love it) will there be wishes and desires? Regrets, I think, yes. But without the body requiring your conscious effort in matters of survival, procreation and such, I think your desires in that case will become more or less ghost-desires or phantom-desires, whatever sounds better.
      Wishes will probably continue being a thing though.

Most Helpful Guy

• If there's an afterlife, it's a possibility people can think in it and most likely they've to be able to do it since it's an afterlife. But if there's no afterlife, then people can't think after death. I'm not sure if there's an afterlife or not, but maybe it's it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE