Does religion affect what people think of those with tattoos?

TsundereMatrix
I got my first tattoo at 19. Before I got it, I asked my Roman Catholic mother if it was okay. She said “You’re over 18, do what you want. As long as you can cover it up but your dad won’t like it so let’s not tell him”. I got the tattoo on my side, completely covered by clothing. Members of my moms side of the family have tattoos even though my mom has no interest in getting one herself but she supports the idea as long as it looks good. Now my dad is Protestant (Lutheran to be exact). After I got the tattoo, he gave me a look of disapproval. He argued with my mom about why she let me do it. He had no choice but to accept it because I already got it done. So one day we went rafting down a nearby river with his side of the family. I wore a bathing suit to go swimming. Once my dad’s family saw the tattoo they called me a rebel. Some thought I would become a problem child. My aunt still treats me like I’m 12 because of that. My dad isn’t a fan of people who have tattoos in general, I just had to learn that the hard way.
Yes
No
Other opinion
Vote C
GirlGuy
38
21