Have you ever had thoughts on changing your religion?

If it's yes, and then why?

Have you ever had thoughts on changing your religion?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If religion is what you want to believe, then religions are like excuses - when you need an excuse, any excuse will do; some are better than others but in the end people know what it's for.

If you're looking for truth, then you'd better be ready to change, to go wherever the truth takes you. But I caution you, this requires humility and willingness to see truth that is outside of yourself and doesn't agree with all of your values. Otherwise, you're just back to inventing religion again.

I would suggest you start with the Bible, in the book of John. Free online

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have thought about it. Not because I have anything against my religion, or I find it bad, but because I think it just doesn't fit my lifestyle. Or the type of lifestyle I want to lead. A lot of people have converted to that religion exactly for the same reason - because their own religions were not the right religions for them. They chose the one that made them happy.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's not supposed to work like that..

• Show All
    • True but it's hard to have faith in a certain religion when you feel more pressured in it than you feel at peace

• And a lot of people find my religion to be the right religion for them but i just don't..

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• Grew up United Methodist Christian because of family, went to Catholic college because of friends/personal reasons, am now atheist from studying everything in depth and seeing personally all of the contradictions in the bible/teachings/etc. And the following question really got me thinking. What is the difference between religion and superstition?

0|1
    1|0
  • CS Lewis once said that if you're looking to religion for comfort, Christianity is not for you. Growing up I thought about how much easier it would be to just reject it all and think that the world we see is all that there is. That when we die there is nothing but nonexistent.

But I didn't believe it. I know what I believe, and rejecting Christianity would just be lying to myself. It's simply the worldview that makes the most sense to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • A few times in my early teens. I'd thought about becoming a non-denominational Christian and then a couple of years later, went into the whole "all religions are stupid and I'm don't once I leave home".

I remain a faithful and practicing Catholic to this day and under absolutely no circumstances will I convert to another church or belief system.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. I was raised a Christian, but stopped around the time I went to secondary school. (Year 7 or 8) looked into it and decided there were too many inconsistencies and things I disagreed with. I would have to take the entirety of the Bible metaphorically and ignore the way Christians define God to consider it.

I'm now agnostic/atheistic. I think that there is something but I don't believe that any religion has it right and all the scriptures I have read seem wrong/outdated/faked.

0|0
    0|0
  • Raised catholic, firmly agnostic at this point. Buddhist and Satanist are the least abhorrent in my personal opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to be catholic, but now im an atheist. The teachings didn't make sense after looking the whole thing over again.

0|1
    0|0
  • I might convert to Judaism for the right girl. Christianity and Judaism are close enough for me.
    The other religions have worldviews that are slightly different.

0|0
    0|0
  • I raised in Catholic family but even as a kid I think religion is irrational and after I grow up I officially become Agnostic , * but still I thinking about making my own religion becase religion is great tool to shape society

0|0
    0|0
    • Making your own religion... prepare to be laughed at by yourself in 2,000 years.
      Religion can be rational, by the way.

• As all humans , we all have doubts and uncertainty
    But for me , i don't think that i need to rethink my religion , it is great and i see no reason for me to be stupid uncertain of anything

0|0
    0|0
  • Bb.. we all are humans... there is not a need for religion to live in this world... but i beleive in god.. u may be hindu, christian, muslim or so on... but god as bo religion

0|0
    0|0
  • I never considered converting to ANY religion

https://i.imgur.com/nbFwZLt.png

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. I believe, if you are a real believer in your religion, then your never have thoughts on 'changing' your religion. Otherwise you were never a real believer in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • I too am one who doesn't believe in the supposed "good" book as it all seems way too farfetched in my opinion...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never change and there is nothing to change to. The Lord Jesus Christ is the one and only Lord he's God

0|0
    0|0
    • "The greatest form of ignorence is rejecting new information about something you don't know everything about"

If you refuse to acknowledge and new facts or discoveries, or even challenges to your beliefs, then you become stagnant, and sticking to your beliefs becomes ignorence. I'm an athiest, but if someone could prove to me that a religion is reality, then I'd at the very least, take that into consideration. If you can't move forward, you become another weight holding back progress and change.

• Show All
    • I'm a Christian you're an atheist and you're a huge trouble maker and I don't have time to start in again with your crap cuz you're bored

• Again, ignoring all the points I made, doesn't make them wrong. Continue your precedent of ignoring the conversation, I'm sure that will definitely prove you are right.

• I hate The Church Of England, the official state religion in my country. Why did God give the Queen all that money and all those palaces and things but he didn't give me shit? All I want is to be rich like the royal family, why did God give the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William all that money but not me? I hate God, life's so unfaire, I hate this shift world, I hope Trump and Putin Mike the shot out of it and kill off the entire human race, if I can't be a billionaire I don't want anybody else to be one either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Catholic here, would never change my religion because it's low key founded by Jesus and is therefore (low key) the only accurate religion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have. Not exactly changing, but losing. That's why I'm an atheist.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well i changed from being of the Christian faith to being a atheist because i learned more about the religion and others

0|0
    0|0
  • I have, I'm getting bored of church and have better things to so in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, so I could marry the person I loved. But I hated the church.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• I was Lutheran and now I'm nothing because religion is dumb.

0|3
    1|0
    • The fundamentals aren't dumb, but yeah agreed. I found meaning in other things

• No I've never thought about converting to another religion.
    I'm happy being a Christian. Although I don't attend church.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did change from Roman Catholic to nothing and it was cool.

0|1
    0|0
  • I change my religion every other week. Atm I am a Hindu

0|0
    0|0
  • I found Taoism very interesting. Ying and Yang. White and Black. Sun and Moon

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I haven't

1|1
    1|0
  • Nope. I’d never change my religion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I had some doubts , and still have

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no religion.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, Christian for life ✨

0|1
    0|0
  • No, because I can't do that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why?

• Because I strongly believe in my God, though I admit I am not devoted or a perfect Christian.

• I did but I realized that it more than just religion it's history

0|0
    0|0
  • I was raised in a Christian family, but really feel more connected to paganism. I'm not even allowed to learn about other religions though, so I guess I'll have to wait until I move out.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes