Have you ever had thoughts on changing your religion?

If it's yes, and then why?

1444

Most Helpful Guy

• If religion is what you want to believe, then religions are like excuses - when you need an excuse, any excuse will do; some are better than others but in the end people know what it's for.

If you're looking for truth, then you'd better be ready to change, to go wherever the truth takes you. But I caution you, this requires humility and willingness to see truth that is outside of yourself and doesn't agree with all of your values. Otherwise, you're just back to inventing religion again.

I would suggest you start with the Bible, in the book of John. Free online

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have thought about it. Not because I have anything against my religion, or I find it bad, but because I think it just doesn't fit my lifestyle. Or the type of lifestyle I want to lead. A lot of people have converted to that religion exactly for the same reason - because their own religions were not the right religions for them. They chose the one that made them happy.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's not supposed to work like that..

• True but it's hard to have faith in a certain religion when you feel more pressured in it than you feel at peace

• And a lot of people find my religion to be the right religion for them but i just don't..