I have a friend who strongly doesn't believe in God or jesus because she believes that we are our own God, Does anyone have answers for this?

717

What Guys Said 17

• What's the question? "How do I convince her that the specific denomination I believe in is the only correct one and I really don't want her to go to hell because she rejects Jesus, please help?" I know the grammar is atrocious but it's in line with what I'd suspect a question like that to end up as.

• 5d

No it her to believe in what she wants but the way she says it, confuses me

• 5d

This is her daughter again y u worried bout am i in school or not?

• 5d

Stop samefagging.

• The bible is proof that what she's saying isn't true. How can she argue with the story about a man who talked to a man in the sky? And learned that he made a man called Adam, and then made a rib-woman who ate a forbidden apple from a magical tree after a talking snake convinced her too?

• I can actually argue with her.
    I'm atheist so I know how her tricky brain works.
    easily do it. It's not something I can give you an answer for.
    Can go as far as total brainwash, or make agnostic.

up to you

• 0|0
  • You don't need an answer. Often, man (referring to all humans) controls his own fate. He shapes the world around him, control animalsand changes the weather.

• Well, do you still believe in Santa Claus? No, then why do you believe in God? They are the exact same story, but for different audiences.

• Motivated person who takes control of their life but that has nothing to do with religion

• Good for her. Leave her alone with her stupid belief.

• She is right. Christianity even preaches this, people are just too stuck up to read it.

• let her believe what she believes and dont bring up religion in a conversation

• What's the question that you need an answer for?

• 5d

Is it ok to let her believe that their isn't no God an jesus or should i leave her alone as a friend.

• 5d

I guess its not a question maybe i just want to see if its ok to have a friend that trys to get me to believe there's no God or jesus

• 5d

If someone is evangelical about a viewpoint or belief which I'll call X-ism, no matter what that viewpoint or belief X-ism is, it is ok to distance yourself. In essences, what that does is create what psychologists say is an instance of negative reinforcement. As the evangelist alienates people and begins to see that, either his/her friends will only be "the converted" (as in "preaching to tbe choir") of fellow X-ists or the evangelist will realize that people are more than just about their opinions on X-ism and tone it down.

• Yes. Allow ur friend to believe what they want.

• 5d

It’s the same but in reverse as the question “I have a friend who believes in god, what should I do?”

• Refer her to a good Bible-believing Christian Pastor to help her.
    Or, to an equivalent web-site (such as TruNews. com)

• She means that we have our free wills, which is true to some extend. The idea of god is really beyond anyone's level of understanding. While I do believe that us from the smallest carbon atom to the most complex organ were designed amazingly, I don't believe in Jesus or Mohammed or whoever came before to give us a man-made idea of what god is like or how he/she feels if one does this or that.

• Prove that he exists! Where can I hear or see him? When did anyone speak to him, heard him or saw him? I am not against religious people, just critical. I find it hard to believe in something I do not see anywhere.

• its called the new age movement
    your friend picked it up and is stupid

Jesus Christ is GOD he is above the dome end of story
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcp3BFBYw4

• I think you should fight to the death and whoever wins is right in their beliefs.

• 5d

I feelbyou on this but its like she trys to make me believe what she believes in which is my control but some of the things aren't wrong what she speaks of

• 5d

I was playing, of course. But if you'll read what Christ said, there's actually some truth to what she believes.

What Girls Said 7

• I mean, that’s what she believes. It’s no more wrong or right than what you believe.

• If they are your friend and they treat you right, it shouldn't matter what their personal belief is. A good person is a good person regardless of their personal belief system. Just because someone is your friend doesn't mean you have to believe the same way that they do.

• We all have the power to shape most of our life, to make good decisions and to look after others. I think she probably bases it off this logic.

• She’s just smart enough to read into religious texts with a literal mind.
    Not saying that religious people are stupid, but they have such a strong faith that when presented with contradictions and things that no logical person would believe as true, they still believe it.
    I believe religious texts are open to interpretation. If you look at the bible as a set of morals and guidance, it’s pretty good. If you look at it with the mindset that Noah really did fit 5 million animals on a boat if we do the math, it’s pretty ludicrous

• If she lets you have your own beliefs, then you should also let her have her own. It would be really disrespectful to try to convert her.

• It looks like she is in buddhism

• She should be allowed to believe as she chooses. You want to be allowed to believe as you choose, don't you?

• 5d

Yes but if i can help a friend i would rather do that as a friend ,

• 5d

Why would i let a friend send herself to hell?

• 5d

Unfortunately, you can't choose for her. If you feel you must do something, pray for her.