What do you think about people who are too honest?

What do you think about people who are too honest?
What do you think of one no matter what life throws on him he stand with honesty?

• Non trustworthy
    Vote A
  • Retarded and stupid
    Vote B
  • Great character
    Vote C
  • Too proud to listen to situation
    Vote D
  • They won't grow up in life
    Vote E
  • Trust worthy
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Okay, too honest are good to a point. Like when they stand up and say brb, "I have to go take a shit" or they decribe what their bowel movements look like. Or when girls have to inform the entire world their on their period. Congrad-you-fucking-lations you're bleeding from your vagina again. Some things should just be kept to yourself. Beside the over honest/over sharers, honest people are the best.

0|2
    0|0
  • That's their choice to do so

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The most honest people that you will meet in life are either the weakest or the most dangerous. Honesty doesn't imply speaking your mind.

1|1
    0|0
  • i think we need more of those people in this world ;)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• The most honest person I ever knew worked as a self employed joiner and carpenter. People would hire him to make them furniture, shelving etc. Where he "WENT WRONG" is that he would quote for a job and then if he managed to finish quicker than he thought he would tell them that it had only taken five days instead of the expected seven and give them back two days worth of money. Of course, the customer had no idea of how long it took, and was happy with the quoted price, so delighted to get some back. They would never have known if he had not told them. Of course he never had enough money to get a good car, go on holidays, buy a nice house etc, because he was too honest for his own good.

0|2
    0|0
    • 5d

Wow. It's hard to believe. But his family will face problems. I don't think he is right. It won't be any problem if he is single.

• Show All
    • 5d

He does not want to be great. He simply wants to work hard, earn an honest living and be a decent person. He is very happy.

• 5d

I Mean he lived his life successfully.

• I duno, i think it depends on what theyre honest about, like if they tell everyone secrets cause they are being 'honest' then theyre jsut annoying, but if they're like honest so theyll say 'im not going to tell you that' rather than making up a dumb story then that's good

0|1
    0|0
  • There's honest, and dishonest. I don't see how you can be too honest.
    As far as I'm concerned honesty is far more desirable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Naïve Enablers. xx

0|0
    1|1
  • We need more people like that

0|1
    0|0
  • I love them tbh lol

0|1
    0|0
  • They're good.

0|1
    0|0
  • They're just gullible 😂

0|0
    2|2

What Guys Said 15

• I guess by definition F, but I'd also say that a lot of people will try to excuse being an asshole by saying that they're just "too honest".

I value honesty, but also use tact in dealing with whatever particular situation I'm in.

0|1
    0|0
  • D is closest. I'm noting you said 'too honest', and without getting fancy, lets just assume we both sort of know what that means.

I think honesty is great. But let me give you an example. If you're with someone who asks you a question, and you answer, correctly, in Russian, was that very productive if they don't speak Russian? Is that speaking truth? Technically yes, but only to yourself. If your target audience is yourself, sure you 'spoke truth'. If your target audience was the person who asked the question, you spoke jibberish.

That's an extreme case, but now let's look at a more common scenario: they ask a question, you answer bluntly in a way that offends them. In this case, they heard your words, but what message did they actually absorb? If the only thing they really -absorbed- was 'fuck you' or some insult, then honestly, you might as well have just said 'fuck you'. The fact you spoke objectively true English (or whatever) words doesn't really matter because they didn't really -hear- you.

So if you -really- want to -communicate- honesty, not just say things for your own benefit, then you want to consider how to phrase things, and how 'much' truth sometimes to drop at once, and how much 'honesty' you can get -into- their brain, not just spoken into the air.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I believe honesty has nothing to do about other's. Understanding or something. I think it's about sincerity and integrity

• 6d

Being honest as a person perhaps.

But honesty in communication involves what’s heard.

• How could someone who's "too honest" be non-trustworthy? If I'm not mistaken, that's contradictory. I personally prefer someone who's honest than someone who's deceptive.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Because you told a secret to a honest guy. He will definitely tell the truth when someone asks about it.

• I've often been described as too honest. On one hand its good because people can go to them for clarity without fear of being misguided.

Personally since I'm honest I struggle to keep secrets because I think deception is a terrible thing which is a downside to honest people. They might not be able to keep secrets.

Overly honest people when asked their opinions on something can be hurtful to others where others would try to sugarcoat it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm always honest, this was brought out by dishonesty of people I cared for and that should also care for me, but they didn't and it hurt a lot, and I do not wish to bring this pain upon others. Although my honesty sometimes hurts, I doubt it hurts as much as lies. Without trust no relationship has the right to exist.

0|1
    0|0
  • Isn't complete honesty something that's valued in this culture? Lol, I'd say they're pretty trustworthy

0|1
    0|0
  • People don't want honest in this society. I'm an honest man I don't necessarily lie to people unless we are joking around or throwing sarcasm. But, during my time in High School and College people would call mr friend, and I would spit the truth and tell them we aren't friends. Or people want to hear that they are smart or can succeed in life and I tell them I highly doubt they will have a successful life. If I am asked my opinions on something, I say what I think and people feel unusual because they have an expectation

0|1
    0|0
  • I say what's on my mind without reservation because it makes everything easier. Everybody should do the same.

0|1
    0|0
  • Is good to be honest but too much honest can cause problems

0|1
    0|0
  • Love them 100%. You can be 100% honest without being a total jerk in the process.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most people can't handle the truth.

0|1
    0|0
  • Non trustworthy

0|2
    1|0
  • Its okay

0|1
    0|0
  • they get hurt

0|1
    0|0
  • Honesty is creepy. Girls enjoy games and deceivers.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes