Is there a chance of peace within our lifetime?

Interpret this question whichever way you feel. Is there a chance of peace within our lifetime?

2|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure but only if the governments that run the countries took the steps necessary to achieve it.. but to most of them.. it is all about power and greed and it has always been that way and will continue, either man will destroy this planet.. or mother nature will.. it is a very sad thing

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I don’t think in our children’s lifetime either. I believe we may get a second Great Depression or world war three within our lifetime, or if not ours, then our kids kids lifetime.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 94

• Yes, it is possible because right now we're living in the list peaceful time in recorded history. I'm not saying there is no conflict it suffering, we can and we should do better.

However, we can easily regress back and go in WW mode at a snap of a finger.

1|0
    0|0
  • On a worldwide scale, no, peace is impossible to achieve. There is always evil and always will beautiful humans cease to exist.

On a smaller acale, it's very possible to go long stretches with peace, but the odds of never encountering evil in some way in an entire lifetime is extremely low.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no faith in peace for humanity. Humans have the ability to reason and opinions that they voice. As a result we argue, disagree and fight one another. Sometimes we get along because we share similar opinions, but so long as we fight when we disagree, there will and can never be peace.

1|0
    0|0
  • There will always be war and confrontation and conflict.
    But there is also a lot of love, kindness and generosity in the world, we're just not exposed to it media prefers to focus on tragedy.

To anyone who doesn't, follow tanks good new on Facebook or Instagram, it's truly heart warming and eye opening

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you define as peace. I think we're about as close right now as we're ever going to get. Mankind can't achieve perfection. A house can't be stronger than the materials with which it is built.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well yes, it depends on how we perceive the world. we can know peace as long there is no war. But at the same time we will never know peace cause of our nature. We are constantly in a war with ourselves. i don't know if I got the question right though

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s something that won’t happen in this generation and maybe the next generation , but the choices we make and the things we do can be the building blocks for them to find the answer just like the previous generations have done for us.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good and bad news. Bad news: world peace probobly won't be around for upwards of 400-500 years. Good news: we might extend our lives to live that long or longer. So, we can hope that we make those advancements and have world peace.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why are we so narcissistic that we think somehow our generation will “get it right” when no one has since man began?

2|0
    0|0
  • That depends on your definition of peace. Depending on which way the future goes. I'd say between 100 to 500 years.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a lovely idea, the question is is this the most peaceful time we lived, I would say the mid nineties were the best, and a world with less war, is definitely a more optimistic one to live in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not to sound cynical or brash, but there is a greater chance of nuclear fallout within our lifetime. Keep in mind that both have a very small chance of happening.

1|0
    0|0
  • Zero chance. Towards the end of the world men will try to achieve it, but God will cut it short and start to plague the earth to finish off the wicked.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is always the chance of peace. It is a collective choice we as humans fail to make because of a lack of effective communication and the separateness we allow between one another.

1|0
    0|0
  • Free will and peace on a macro scale are mutually exclusive.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is there always and every second, only thing is that we have to find it..
    Instead of thinking self, start to think about others.. Definitely you feel 'PEACE'

1|0
    0|0
  • No, humanity will always seek conflict whether it's violence or not. There will always be those who will choose violence.

1|0
    0|0
  • Peace Is More Of An Idea Than An Actual Possibility, in fact peace itself is basically impossible there will always be war there will always be fighting as long as humans live, its in our nature.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as men have had differing opinions, there has been war. I don't think this will change unless we encounter a common enemy.

1|0
    0|0
  • There has never been peace in all recorded human existence. There will always be factions that war purely due to human nature.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• No, only the dead have seen the last of war- Sun Tzu

1|0
    0|0
  • Peace starts from within each of us. Love, acceptance and forgiveness of our sins and wrong doings. Should lead you to the path of inner peace. Once accomplished within oneself you then can begin to find the Peace that you were searching for.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends... the truth is the humanity craves chaos.

1|0
    0|0
  • I sure hope so. It will never happen if things keep going the way we are heading now though.

1|0
    0|0
  • YES... DOVE ABOVE. Someday. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • It is a blessing that god created sleep for us.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • That would be boring

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|1
    0|0
  • I sure hope so