Why have I been discriminated against most of my life for my conservative, Judeo-Christian beliefs?

People hate me for standing up for my beliefs. Always have. :(

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Standing up for your beliefs is fine, and should not result in discrimination. However, if you were to criticise people for choosing to not share your beliefs, as do some at both ends of the religious scale, then it would be totally correct to discriminate.

0|2
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you think Discrimination is when people won't let you be a bigot?

Do you tell gay people they are going to hell? Do you think trans people are mentally defective? Do you give money to organisations which try to limit the rights of others, for any reason? Do you speak loudly about muslims are evil, or that gay people shouldn't be allowed to adopt?

Usually, when you see conservative christians claiming they are being hard put upon, the reasons are bullshit. Sorry, but it's true. From the fake wars on Christmas, to the campaigns against equal rights.

1|5
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• where do you live?

0|0
    0|0
    • NE US

• Show All
    • bwahahhahaahhahaha

• Feels like anywhere I've been though, but ya

What Guys Said 8

• I'll be honest, I discriminate against religious people in my personal life lol Not in a rude way or anything, but I hate that religion is shoved down my throat in the US so I minimize my contact with it when possible so I just kindly avoid religious people.

0|2
    0|1
  • You've probably been discriminated against most of your life for your conservative , Judo-Christian beliefs because you feel the need to tell everyone about it. Most people really don't care. You like what you like... keep it to yourself

0|2
    0|1
  • Hard to say. You're not providing any examples to lend context. Usually, if a religious person sticks to their own experience I don't mind talking to them. But if they sound like they're telling me how to live my own life, I avoid them.

0|1
    0|1
  • Picture all the indigenous peoples around the globe, who felt the same under Christian administration.

0|2
    0|1
  • Christains in the US have a persecution complex. They make 88% of our population, most, if not all our politicians are Christian and there are more churches per capita in this country than anywhere else in the world. Christians aren't being persecuted in America. What is happening, is that Christians in America are angry that they can't place their religious monuments on public land and have to share that space with any other religious monument. To They're mad that public school teachers, as employees of the government, can't evangelize to students.

0|0
    0|1
  • And? Who cares if people don't like your beliefs.

0|1
    0|3
    • I don't you to misinterpret my statement, but the world hates Christians. Its right there in the Bible, so my point is don't worry about it nor care about it.

They don't matter anyways.

• How have you been discrimated? Please tell me.

0|2
    0|0
  • You weren't discriminated against

0|2
    0|1

Recommended myTakes