Would you do something against your conscience?

CONSCIENCE
ˈkɒnʃ (ə) ns/

a person's moral sense of right and wrong, viewed as acting as a guide to one's behaviour.

Why or why not?
Let's keep it interactive x

Would you do something against your conscience?
  • Yes : Who would know?
    Vote A
  • No : What is right stays right.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I said A although I don’t think the poll encapsulated the options well. Under extreme or extenuating circumstances I may do something that I consider to be bad, but I typically think that justifiable.

For example if I’m starving to death although I know stealing is bad I’ll likely steal to live. I think that’s justifiable, albeit still wrong. If someone greatly harmed a loved one I may take “justice” into my own hands, and know some people who have. I still think this wrong, but could justify it and am honest enough to admit that I could do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • For minor things, yes. Like I'll indulge in fast food now and then, even though I know it's bad for me. There's some balance between temptation and conscience there, but I never go too extreme towards the route of temptation to doing truly unconscionable things.

1|0
    0|0
    • That said, my sense of morality changes throughout my life. My idea of "morality" is merely a guide on how to make optimal decisions that will benefit me and others I care about in the long run absent perfect knowledge of what decision is best. And so I've learned some things over the years that has tweaked my sense of morality a bit just based on what I've learned to yield more optimal results.

Most Helpful Girls

• My default mode is to do "the right thing".

But I'm also not much for absolutes regarding right/wrong black/white.

Some things are more clear than others.

3|2
    0|1
    • Wow... who is that trolling my opinions today?

This is why the GaG down vote is a joke.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• I always by the " you live each day to be tge better you." Quota each day. By goibg against yourself your not doing yourself any favors.

But was that ine time though!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep if it is good even though my moral sense say it's not

I have an example I guess, can share if u wanna know

1|0
    0|0
    • Sure.. go ahead.

• So I do support abortion but if it comes to a point where in futurw, my future child (too young) get involve in this

And both of them wants to raise their child, I would agree even though my moral says no

• Because abortion and no-abortion has pros and cons

I see more pros in abortion while someone may see more pros in no-abortion

• Sometimes you do have to do something. Have you heard of The Prince?

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a chance, I'd never let myself hear the end of it!

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted B. But I have gone against my conscience and the feeling afterwards is beyond painful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes the right part isn't always helpful for me.
    Being bad is good.😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted A.
    Conscience is a very subjective word. Sometime what u think right may not be right. Its all about perspective. Sometimes u need to change other's perspective and sometimes u need to change your's. Because sometimes your own personal moral view of right may be wrong and vice versa. You cannot be right always.. Personal's moral sense of right or wrong depend upon the society where he grows. Society and culture plays a greater role in carving out person's conscience. So we should be tolerant towards other 's ideas and come towards a conclusion by healthy debates.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends

1|0
    0|0
  • I would if nessacery.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ethics are strong, but there is one girl that I would have a big problem saying no too.. the problem is she is only 17 I will never make moves on her.. Not sure why, no other young women affect me that way

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

Recommended myTakes