Would you do something against your conscience?

CONSCIENCE
ˈkɒnʃ (ə) ns/

a person's moral sense of right and wrong, viewed as acting as a guide to one's behaviour.

Why or why not?
Let's keep it interactive x

• Yes : Who would know?
  • No : What is right stays right.

412

Most Helpful Guys

• I said A although I don’t think the poll encapsulated the options well. Under extreme or extenuating circumstances I may do something that I consider to be bad, but I typically think that justifiable.

For example if I’m starving to death although I know stealing is bad I’ll likely steal to live. I think that’s justifiable, albeit still wrong. If someone greatly harmed a loved one I may take “justice” into my own hands, and know some people who have. I still think this wrong, but could justify it and am honest enough to admit that I could do it.

• For minor things, yes. Like I'll indulge in fast food now and then, even though I know it's bad for me. There's some balance between temptation and conscience there, but I never go too extreme towards the route of temptation to doing truly unconscionable things.

• That said, my sense of morality changes throughout my life. My idea of "morality" is merely a guide on how to make optimal decisions that will benefit me and others I care about in the long run absent perfect knowledge of what decision is best. And so I've learned some things over the years that has tweaked my sense of morality a bit just based on what I've learned to yield more optimal results.

Most Helpful Girls

• My default mode is to do "the right thing".

But I'm also not much for absolutes regarding right/wrong black/white.

Some things are more clear than others.

• Wow... who is that trolling my opinions today?

This is why the GaG down vote is a joke.