In your opinion, how does the Christian/Catholic Bible portray words/actions/character of God?

I think the Bible fails to execute this “perfect”, “almighty” picture of God.
Solely based on his actions and motivations...
It just seems like God is this narcissistic, attention-seeking asshole. However, Jesus was a pretty cool dude.
Jesus’s purpose is to basically direct people to the path of God. But he wasn’t an egotistical jerk.
So... Jesus is like the extravagant and gorgeous invitation to a shitty party 😂

I’m not an atheist by the way. Just shutting that assumption down.In your opinion, how does the Christian/Catholic Bible portray words/actions/character of God?In your opinion, how does the Christian/Catholic Bible portray words/actions/character of God?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the Bible shows the varying perceptions of God from one time period to another. That's why the Old Testament and the New Testament are so different. People can say that it's because of Jesus spreading the new message but in reality it's because the tactics being used from the early books of the Bible weren't working in comparison to the many pagan religions and faiths and so a new direction had to be taken.
    I think that's how the Bible portrays God and I think it's representative of the societies at the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's sadly how people view it and how some judge what little verse they read , without trying to read the full chapter and breaking down the meanings or purpose of the stated actions and words.

• Even those that have sometimes turn against god. Some people can't just look away or scramble to reinterpret things that they don't like.