For you Christians - Do you find that you benefit from going to your Church?

I was at service yesterday and the man who I was talking to gave me some very useful advice about my life - it didn't completely map out the solution to the problem but it gave me inspiration about how I could go about solving the issue that has been bothering me for 6 years now. I find that more and more - the house of worship I go to is beginning to have a positive impact on my life. I also go to 4 different bible studies during the week but only when I have time.

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I myself do, because at my church, I feel happier, more relaxed, almost as if it's like a get away from the world. The world is turning more violent and selfish and greedy and stupid, yet my church seems to be staying true to itself and God. It's a place were I can be myself and not be judged and persecuted, not only dealing with my faith, which happens often. But also with my quirks and autism and tiurettes, don't get second looks or disgusted looks or agitation from others. Not everyone outside my church is like that, but there's enough for me to notice it fairly often, especially at my old workplace. Not everyone is bad, it's just I feel more comfortable at church knowing everyone is accepting and kind and fairly honourable and I don't have to worry about if someone is or not. Yes I know church goers can be bad too, especially if their fake Christians, but so far not at my church. I've known these people for almost 9 years. So far they haven't betrayed me nor screwed me over nor judged nor mistreated.

Had a lot of dealings with mistrustful people and half of them were scumbags while the other half crazy. People at my church are like my family, having autism makes it hard to get close to people or be comfortable around others, they made it so easy for me and I am grateful to them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I've not been to church since I was 15/16. But I do have we do this fellowship thing online with a few friends online. We talk on Skype once a week about the Bible and we pray. I think filling your life with God in any way possible is always good. I feel like I'm much happier when I live my life for God. The more I include him in my day the brighter it gets!

1|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Steve, the Almighty Penguin (Fish Be around Him) doesn't encourage his followers to build churches or worship him. Those who wish to say thanks or communicate with him can do so from the comfort of their home. #Penguinism

1|0
    0|0
    • Praise be to Steve (Fish Be around Him). Always loving. Never condescending. Always just. Never cruel. Truly, Steve, the Almighty Penguin, cares for us. All hail Steve!

• Hear, hear!

• Church attendance benefits me greatly. My whole week just seems to go better. If you cannot find a church where you feel connected -- or even if you can -- watch some of Andy Stanley's YouTube sermons. Also, it it is difficult to feel connected if all you ever do is just attend services. Get involved in the smaller groups, like Sunday School. This is where you meet people at a personal level.

1|2
    0|0
  • I was a Catholic for years went to church for years it means nothing just a waste of time even the bible is against going to church but church doesn't even teach the bible even having a Christmas tree goes against the bible the church in a way is lying to people and also I found out years later the holidays were all pagan holidays first it is so full of lies everything now I wish I never went in the first place

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't need someone to interpret the word of God for me. The Holy Spirit will do that for you when you ask Jesus to enter your heart. :) I know that church helps some people but the NKV is not a hard read.

0|0
    0|0
  • When do Christians go to church?
    I see people who say they’re Christian and never attend.
    And atheists.
    Very rarely do I find anyone who’s Christian go to church and go to church for their routine prayer. If anything it’s for confession.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to be involved with my church when i was a teenager and adult. Would go to bible studies and church outings with youth group. As an adult i prefer online church like Youtube, it just seems better as the pastor preaches on interesting topics and the way he presents the bible by backing up what it says is mind blowing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't go to church. But I understand how it might help. I know I talk a lot of smack about religion. But religion really does help some people. That's a good thing.

0|1
    0|0
    • You will always find bad examples of bad people abusing religion. They get publicity because negativity gains viewership (news in general).

But the vast majority of faith based organizations really do try to help people. As for the bad or sick people, they were that way to begin with and they were just hiding behind a church.

• Show All
    • Non denominational is my preference.

• Yeah, those are often good churches. Personally, I'd avoid Pentecostal. I kind of wish there was a Unitarian Universal church nearby. My second choice would be Catholic.

• Unfortunately not my church doesn’t have bible study and I don’t get much from the preaching it’s always about money but my family goes there so I go too.

0|1
    0|0
  • It helps me a lot to go to church. Believing god exist is very helpfull in life.
    Life is easier to know there is a life after life. Belonging to a community is very helpful too.

0|0
    0|0
  • It gives a sense of community. The church was meant to inspire and assist the members, so that they could collectively live more like Christ.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• Well I used to always go to church. I even worked as a sound technician there. Then one ray I just got fed up woth all the petty complaints about things that were beyond my power, and just quit. I miss it sometimes, but don't think I will be going back there, because I don't feel welcome.

I listen to my christian radio channel nearly every day, and that's enough church for me right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel more positive in my faith/life when I got to church but I wish I could go there more often once I get my drivers license I can go every Saturday.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. The first church I went to was very toxic. As I grew up and was exposed to the harshness of that community inside the church I saw that many people were unhappy. Even the pastor’s children left that church. Although, that was the first church I found Jesus’ word in. The church I go to now is more of a community. We don’t have a church but a meeting place. If there were more people my age I feel as if I’d get a lot more out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I'm still forced to go to church with my parents and all I do is get angry because I can tell they're just being fake friendly with each other and try too hard to look happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like to go to church because I feel I could better use my time, but I do feel better after attending

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course! I always learn so much and there is always like a peaceful, nice feeling in me after church has finished. But if I don’t go in a long time I always feel iffy and slightly empty.

0|0
    0|0
  • no not really I still do it but I find I get most benefit of just reading and praying at home

0|0
    0|0
  • Americans are scumbags. There is no benefits whatsoever

0|2
    1|4
  • Yes it benefits me a lot

1|2
    0|0
  • I find church helps you become reconnected

0|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls