Do you think religion and science shouldn't be separate?

Most religious and non religious people argue in a matter of Science vs religion , while I think both should be together , many people think they both have opposing views while I mostly think their views is similar , Religion want to seek God illogically , while science seeks it more logically.

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Religion so important why I want to slave husband so if you aren't religious u want to my whip lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Faith vs logic are two separate things in my eyes but I respect both views.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately, religion makes claims that science says can’t happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because religion literally has ZERO proof

0|1
    0|0
    • 1d

illogical stuff are hard to prove.

• Show All
    • 1d

Well until i have proof its fictional bull shit to me

• 1d

Science cannot explain everything.

A scientist can mix the chemical components of an acorn in the exact proportions so it looks like the seed of an oak tree, but if he puts it in the ground it will never grow.

Science cannot explain life.

What Guys Said 13

• that's actually wrong. we need philosophy but that's science also. religion has no place. so i disagree with that religion and science should be one. they can't ever be one, cause they're inherently different.

science tries to "know" things and define what we don't know in order to maybe eventually find out.

religion says we know everything aleady. that will never work together.

fuck religion, keep science.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1d

religion never says we know everything , in islamic religion , it says search in the universe and learn as much as you can , because human beings know only little

• 1d

"religion never says we know anything". they say there's god and god just created everything. in islamic religion it doesn't say "search the universe and learn as much as you can", it says "there is allah, go search the universe to find him and know as much about him as you can." that's a more precise representation.

also we don't need religion to tell us to go find out new things and learn, it's in our very nature to do that cause it has evolved as a strategy to survive against physically superior animals.

• 1d

what i'm saying is that you are not allowed to question allah or god and things you are not allowed to question are wrong.

• They should be separate. One very important thing in science is that we don't take things by faith. We put ideas to the test and we apply the burden of proof.

Religion on the other hand expects its followers to have faith.

"Nullius in verba" Take nobody's word for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • in sciences, you try understand things, you believe in one idea wirhout any proof and then you try to get proofs to validate or no your idea

in religions you have to believe in everything but you have no proof at all, every religion are slighly different so you can assume some are wrong at least in some part

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea no when ever you mix the 2 you usually just end up with a Christian fundamentalist who can't even use carbon dating correctly also science science doesn't look for gods it just looks for facts and so far there isn't evidence to show their is a god to say otherwise is just based on feeling and that is very silly

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know I don't get the conflict, like I believe in science but there's also something beyond science, something that created the things around us that science is derived from

0|1
    0|0
  • It has nothing to do with "views". Science requires evidence, scrutiny, and objectivity in order to function. Religion requires the absence of those things in order to function. This is a fundamental divide between the two that can only be coupled in a person who limits their critical thinking to their work, and doesn't let their mind participate in objectivity when it comes to anything to do with their own religion. And further, limits subjectivity to their faith and doesn't let their mind participate in it when they do their work (or they will fail as a scientist).

0|1
    0|0
  • No, they should be separate. Completely separate. If you make religion a part of science, it's not science any more.

0|1
    0|1
  • All I know is that they can and do coexist. At least from my point of view. I see science as trying to understand what God put into existence.

0|0
    0|0
  • I disagree. Religion is already abused enough as it is.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with you.

0|1
    0|0
  • No.. That's not how it works..

0|1
    0|0
  • They are

0|1
    0|0
  • Prior to Darwin writing "The Origin of Species," religion was science.

Beyond a cosmological argument, I don't see how the two could go hand-in-hand.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes