Should Men and Women wait until marriage?

Is waiting until marriage some outdated christian dogmatic rule, or is it something sacred and beautiful between a man and a woman that society has lost? Leave your opinions below.
  • 1. Wait until marriage
    Vote A
  • 2. Sex before marriage
    Vote B
  • 3. Don't get married
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Genuinely suprised how many people are waiting until marriage.
Thought it would be around 2-5%
I come from a traditional family so it was kinda normal to wait.

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I personally still feel that sex is a sacrad act of intimacy that should be shared with someone whom you trust and love - does it have to be a person whom you're married to though? for me personally, no. Because if I love and trust the person I'm with at that moment in my relationship, I care to show and express my affection towards him physically as well.

5|4
    0|0
    • Listen. The whole purpose of courtship is to build love and trust and understand who you claim you love. So after courtship (called dating without sex) then you can proceed cause you have proven this person trusty of you Love. And you have proven this person to be the one you will like to be with.

• @Gord777 I however am not one who personally does "courtship". My values and standards of dating seem to differ from yours. I believe that showing ways of intimacy comes in many forms of expression, physical intamacy as one of them with one whom I'm in a serious committed relationship with.

• Your opinion isn't factual. There is no evidence to back it. So it's your personal opinion. And guess what you on your own (God doesn't support you).

• Yes
    get out of your bubble, western world is a minority. Muslims, Hindus, Asians still wait until marriage because they have self-respect and dignity. Marriage was made to protect women from playboys and womanisers, from boys who use and dump women, who get women pregnant and then run away, to prevent guys using girls for fun only. Marriage was made to prevent confusion that a girl goes through in terms of whether she should trust a guy or not. It prevents trust issues.
    If a guy truly loves a woman, he will marry her and he will wait until marriage.
    If he is just after lust, fun and timepass then he will not marry her.
    Marriage makes everything crystal clear.
    Girls, if a guy cannot marry you then he doesn't love you, he has commitment issues, he is not serious about you, he doesn't respect, he only lusts you, if a guy can't marry you, don't give him your body.

And guys treat girls like you would your sister, daughter and mother to be treated.

Marriage makes sure a girl is not used as an object. A lot of men pretend they love women just to get sex, a lot of men make false promises like, "I will spend the rest of my life with you, I will never leave you, I will take a bullet for you," They say these things to make girls fall in their trap. They play games. They fool girls and take advantage of their innocence and vulnerability. Those are the same guys who would resort to violence if someone tried to lay a finger on their sister, daughter or mother. A woman is somebody's daughter, sister, somebody's future wife and future mother. Western culture ended marriage to treat women like objects, like garments that can be worn and taken off any time. It made it easy for guys to come and go whenever they want. Now, a woman's dignity, relationship and true love have become a joke.

True love= marriage

0|4
    5|1
    • I live in Asian and Muslim nations and they don't wait for marraige. In fact their morals are way below western standards

• Show All
    • 2d

@MementoMori_ nothing in front of millions of Muslims killed in those 8 places.

• 2d

"nothing in front of millions of Muslims killed in those 8 places. "

The majority of Muslims killed in this documented list of 129 Islamic attacks in 25 countries, in which 646 people were killed and 729 injured... **** JUST IN THE LAST 30 DAYS ****

*** WERE MUSLIMS SLAUGHTERED BY OTHER MUSLIMS ***

These are not human beings, they are BARBARIANS who murder their own people like some kind of brain damaged animals. They have no concern at all for human life. They are monsters.

www.thereligionofpeace.com/.../attacks.aspx

Most Helpful Guys

• Generally there is no right answer. It depends a great deal on the people involved - their age, maturity and so forth.

In my case, I lost my virginity at age 16. Was I ready? Hard to say but it worked out well enough and I have nothing but fond memories. Over the course of my life I had sex with 11 women. I have gotten three women pregnant. One that ended in a miscarriage and I did not even know about till much later, then one that ended in an abortion and that haunts me to this day. (I would have loved that baby with all my heart but the woman I was with had other ideas.)

Then there is my girlfriend, whom I have lived with for over a decade and with whom I have three children. They are the center of my universe. I love them with all my heart and nothing makes me happier than when I am with them. (The first two were unplanned pregnancies, the third was planned.) Sex with my girlfriend is magical. Whether romantic or more animal, it is like the whole universe shrinks down to just us.

We had talked about marriage and - being otherwise rather conservative and even religious to a degree - had every intention of getting married. However, somewhere along the line we just got the feeling that an expensive ceremony, a pricey ring and a permission slip from the state would cheapen what we have - a combination of the deepest emotional connection, intellectual attraction and - yes - raw animal instinct and so much more that I can barely describe.

So why go through all this? Because at any point on that continuum the wise decision would have been to wait till marriage. (Especially with the woman who aborted my child. I still even now cannot tell you how much that hurts and how I feel like I failed to protect someone I loved.)

Suffice to say I can hardly claim that men and women should wait till marriage as my girlfriend and I don't even want to be married. We love what we share - just us - natural and beautiful and elemental.

Still, I cannot deny that as a rule it is wiser. Certainly the data are clear. People who wait till marriage stay together longer. (In that, my girlfriend and I are the exception, not the rule.) Children do better. Society is more stable with far less crime, child abuse, child abandonment and abuse of women. For that matter, men who get married live longer than unmarried men.

In that, it is not just religious - though religion is important to it - but deeply cultural. So the answer is that what is good for society may or may not work for the individual. Sex is among the deepest drives in the human animal and without some societal regulation of it there is a tendency for it to lead to very destructive behaviors.

So I find myself in the awkward position of advocating a sort of "do as I say, not as I do." SHOULD men and women wait? The data says yes - and I take refuge only in the fact that there are exceptions to every rule.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would have waited if not for my first girlfriend convincing me we WERE going to get married so it was okay to have sex. That being said, now I would do what I did. Only have sex with a very few and only if the potential for marriage is there. Sex is my number one priority in life as shallow as that sounds it is true. Therefore I would need to know she is compatible with my needs and has the physical traits I require. Nipples, labia and skin/hair preferences. I am super picky about the way women look in those areas. More so than the face. That’s how important it is, to me anyways.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 82

• Of course wait, it's something beautiful and should only be shared with one's husband/wife so that you honor your body and treat it as a temple. It is an act this must be done when couples are official and married, you should have more respect for your body than to treat it like a disposable object, sex is not to satisfy lust but to bring together in union and strengthen their union by becoming one as God ordained them to be.

4|6
    2|0
    • Okay then I should wait five years to have sex?

• @Dog19

Why not?

You're not alone.
      And sexual incompatibility is no big deal if both partners are willing to make little compromises.

You can talk about sexual interests and orientation before marriage.

Anyways, you'll have to accept your partner as he is and improve and adapt yourselves and to your partner. And if you don't, then you'll keep changing your partners for the entire life.

• After marriage of course , i blv that sex is a part of a relationship but it can not be everything having a good sex with someone doesn't guarantee you a good life with him, also what if you can't give ur best anymore... 50% he/she will start to look for it somewhere else , i would like to be with someone who would appreciate me for loving /caring for him nobmatter what not for my sex compatibilities...

3|4
    2|0
  • Waiting until marriage is great most marriages end in divorce because most rush into it not knowing who said person truly is and most don't do it for true love but sex also studys have shown that more sex partners a women has the less likely said marriage will last it might also go for men but the study only did Women I don't know why?

3|4
    3|0
  • i prefer to wait until marriage. but of course virgins are becoming a scarcity after the age of 16 nowadays. i don't think of sex loosely. i don't like the idea of hopping between 2, 3, or 4 guys. Preferably, i would like just one. but if he fucks me over and decides to get a divorce after 5 years, i'll have no choice but to look for guy #2.

0|4
    0|0
    • Good for you you will never have regrets if you wait untill marriage.

• Yeah i try to meet the youngest girls possible and preferably religious ones and i rarely meet virgins.

• I just never really saw the point of it. You can have a connection like that with someone outside of marriage. I also feel like sex is a part of any healthy long-term relationship regardless of marriage. Even if it were the societal norm, i probably still wouldn't want to conform to it

0|4
    0|2
    • But without marriage won’t they leave u any time?

• Show All
    • @Poormanscomedian I'm not the GirlsAskGuys representation for Catholics lol

• I think waiting till marriage is one of the best sacrifices you can make to show that you’re committed to the marriage and that you love your partner. Love is sacrifice.

3|6
    0|0
    • Good for you you will never have regrets if you wait untill marriage.

• Show All
    • 7d

@Shezadi Good for you

• The dogma is outdated almost around the world, there are still some traditional countries, but the issues are the next:

- Having sex is a delicate action, even though some people can be easier about it, but if the girl, traditionally speaking, is a virgin, has 0 experience, and the guy is not gentle in the process, he could traumatize her, specially if the guy is an aggressive selfish jerk or an inexpert as well.

- Having sex usually consists that both parts agree to do it, with or without experience. Women from "good families" couldn't have sex before marriage so they could be unspoiled merchandise. Quite the contrary with men, who could go to brothels and places to have sex with women who were already in sin, but with enough experience with sex.

Marriage has been created so two families could make deals, business, products and property exchange or increasing both the richness and the social status. Having sex in a marriage was rarely because of love, because parents decided who would be the bride and the groom. It was to seal the deal, to represent the union of the two families and to assure that there will be heirs, male specially.

Nowadays, we don't care about it anymore because society has allowed two people to be together not only in marriage, as well as promoting sex with love and an agreement between two or more people.

However, the institution of marriage prevails due to the reasons I mentioned, the idea one has about loving someone or forming a family, or because of the traditions of our families and ancestors.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should always take a test drive before buying a care.
    With that being said you should do it with someone who you trust and like.
    Sex is fun, I think it's awesome when people wait for marriage but it would really suck if you bought that car and figured out you didn't like it.

1|0
    0|1
  • People should do whatever they feel is right for them. Waiting is a complete waste of time in my opinion.

4|3
    0|3
    • @slimmjimmy I'm not religious so none of it means anything to me. Not to mention I'd like to know if the person I'm gonna be married to is actually good at sex before rings are bought and contracts are signed.

• I don't think people should be banging a shit ton of people I think it's gross personally I can't believe there are people shaming me for that. Just because I find it gross and don't want to do it. But your not going to die if you have sex before marriage. I think there needs to be a balance personally I don't want to date or marry a man whore sorry. But I wouldn't care if he had sex until it's 10 women and up.

0|2
    1|0
    • Also, people are literally forgetting STDs are still a thing and pregnancy can still impact your life. Like Jesus some women need to get it together yes it takes two to make a baby but you can tell if you sleeping with a dirtbag it really is not hard. If he keeps showing you he doesn't want to be a father then don't have babies with him! how many women in poor communities are going to complain that they have too many kids or life too hard when you put yourself in that situation.

• Show All
    • @slimmjimmy If you want too then yes other then that don't do it because you being shamed too or being forced too.

• I can live with that

• I would say do as your heart and morals say. There is really no right or wrong answer. In this day and age people want to see if they are compatible, but that can lead to marriage for the wrong reasons and sex blinds them to any flaws that would otherwise be a deal breaker for them.

0|0
    0|1
    • Which is why you should wait until marriage. Compatibility can be revealed through great communication and counseling. You're right, about the fact that sex does make you blind to the flaws, which you will see eventually so why go through all that wasted time a carry that baggage.

• If you wait until you’re married then you’re stuck with them if it turns out you’re incompatible in bed.

I’d have to live with someone and be sexually active with them for at least a year before I’d consider marrying them.

2|0
    1|2
    • If you die without your sins being forgiven you are going to hell. Straight to hell. God makes me he rules not you.

• Show All
    • Okay. Thanks for the time. At least we learnt from each other.

• ultimega thanks for blocking me that's how sociable you are. You block people who you can't win or who disagree with you. Keep hanging with your loser friends.

• I believe there is something called sexual chemistry , and even if you love someone the sex could be unsatisfying

Imagine waiting until marriage and the guy has E. D. or just has no stamina or just simply bad at it.

Imagine you wait until marriage, and you are married to someone who is selfish in bed or is really vanilla at sex.

I want the person I marry to be able to satisfy me sexually. Its important to me.

1|0
    0|1
  • I have not had sex yet and we are engaged. I really want to have sex but we haven’t yet

1|5
    0|0
  • Try before you buy. To some people, sex is a essential part to the relationship. That means they should make sure their partner fits them sexually before marrying them.

1|0
    0|2
  • If you don’t feel comfortable enough to have sex before you’re married, then don’t put yourself in the position to do so.

1|3
    0|0
  • Waiting until you're married to have sex is outdated and kind of dumb as well. It's actually smart to have sex with someone before you marry them to make sure that's actually someone you would enjoy having sex with for the rest of your life

1|1
    0|3
    • You can find sexual compatibility with great communication and getting to know that person and know there needs and wants. Sex isn't going keep you together no matter how good it is.

• I don't necessarily believe you need to wait till you're married.

That said, I never had sex with a guy until we were going out for several months and I felt a real connection to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • sex literally means nothing. and also what if i marry someone who turns out to be a shit pump? I haven’t got time to teach them and no way am i wanting to either live with that the rest of my life or have to pay for a divorce or anything

0|0
    0|1
    • NOT TRUE. NOT. TRUE. stupid girl

• Show All
    • 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂no I’m not peaches ahahahahahahha

• yeah ik ahaha i just couldn’t ignore her hahaha

• Men and women should have sex when they both want to.

Getting married to someone who you haven't had sex with before, is a completely retarded idea though. But luckily that's not my problem.

0|1
    1|1
  • I think you should wait until you're ready, but not until marriage. For opposite-sex couples, they should wait at least until they're financially stable in the case of an unwanted pregnancy.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it should be something for every person to decide for themselves. Tho I do think that they only should do it when they feel completly ready, with no doubts of what they are about to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because u dont wanna end up pregnant with the wrong guy

2|2
    0|0
    • Use birth control methods. Unwanted pregnancy can also happen in married couples, if they're not ready yet.

• Show All
    • @StarsInTheEyes Because they didn't wait before marriage

• @StarsInTheEyes
      People dont marry a man they have no love for.
      They are their husbands for a reason

• It depends on the person, not all of us have the same mentality. Some would like to wait until marriage, save themselves for the "one", while others think that sex is a very important factor in being a couple so if they didn't connect through sex, they think they can't get married. Others want to give their all for their loved ones so they dont care to wait until marriage. Each person has his own believes and we should respect them all.

0|0
    0|1
  • Wait if its importantto you, dont if it isn't.

Personally, I want to know exactly who I'm marrying.

2|0
    0|0
  • I didn't pick any of the options. I can't decide what other people should do with their lives. Everyone has different beliefs and what works for me might not work for other people

2|0
    0|0
  • anyone should do what they want and what suits them

2|1
    0|1
  • Sexual compatibility is one of many things that should be figured out before you vow to spend your life with someone.

1|1
    0|1
    • I was a virgin when I got married. And I still dont believe in sexual compatiability.
      We love each other and we express our love through sex as well

• Show All
    • Thank you. Wish you the same.

• Sexual compatibility is no big deal if both are willing to make little compromises for each other.. And on the other hand, if they need something, then they can tell their partner.
      I agree with Jimmy

• What possible good reason could there be for waiting until you're married?

0|1
    2|1
  • I need to know that we're compatible sexually before getting married.

1|0
    0|1
    • you always do that through great communication. It also saves you the time and baggage if it wasn't meant to be anyways. Sex can't save a relationship no matter how good it is.

• Show All
    • Nope, pretty sure I've got him. Only had sex once before him so suck on that.

• 6d

It's not nice to judge buddy

• Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 121

• I think marriage as a practice is antiquated and to be honest quite damaging for males, especially in these modern times.

Marriage doesn’t even equal the last step of the relationship. That’s death. Marriage contracts are binding legal paper works before they are a symbolism of unity.

Me personally, I say have sex with people you care about. As I often say, sex is a destructive catharsis. It feels good, helps us emotionally with both mental and physical validation. Sex; however is equally damaging and I don’t mean disease, but it can be used a crutch in which the validation is the only thing that drives people to do it.

I’ve had a lot of sex, the more you have indiscriminate sex and even sex with friends the less sex with certain people seems to feel like anything and you’re going to start looking for ways to feel what you had felt before. As such I’m abstaining until I find a partner.

I say have the sex but be a bit restrictive with its practice. Sex is beautiful, but the human mind has a habit of warping beauty and it’s definition.

0|0
    0|0
    • if you're abstaining then why not wait until you get married. Im sure when you find your Wife (not partner) its meant to be long term. So why not wait until marriage and get counseling first and everything on the table. If you do it right the first time you'll save a lot of time because sex complicates everything.

• Show All
    • I wonder how sooner you would of broke off the crazy lady had you waited and saw it sooner because sex wasn't invovled. It feels very good to have sex with someone who is emotionly unstable "crazy" but when you get off cloud nine you see how toxic it actually is and I hate going through stuff like that.

• She may have always been crazy, but she very well could have been keeping it under wraps until after we had sex.

Way I see it, she was super chill, then after having sex a few times she started getting possessive.

I’ve never had met a truly crazy woman until her. Sex changes things, yes, but if things don’t worsen then they can only get better, you know?

• 1 Corinthians 7:2-5: "Yet, because the world has no shortage of immorality; each man should have his own wife; and each woman her own husband, fulfilling accordant roles only to each other. Their sexual autonomy may thus only exist with regards to one another. They forfeit any presumption of absolute autonomy over their own bodies.

Unless for a time and good reason or for prayer, do not deny each other this union, lest you open the door for temptation [to cheat]. Any lack of self-control you have, Satan will capitalize on."

7:9: "If you can handle unmarried life and be chaste and holy, great. But if not, it's better to marry than to burn in desire, hopping from one sin to another just to barely get by, setting yourself and others up for ruin."

I know what that "burning in desire" feels like. The only thing worse, is when your mind still burns in it and your body is too depressed (for whatever reason) to deliver the goods, and you question your own humanity.

If getting married in these times to the right individual were easy, I'd've already done it by now.

0|0
    0|0
    • @iliamilik : He sounds like a vindictive stalker playing games with you. But I wouldn't pounce unless you have more evidence.

• In my opinion, men and women need too have sex at least once before marriage. That way, all the surprises of having sex with them are out in the open, so to say, an you can make a better judgment in that area. How ever, if nether are on any kind of birth control. Then they need to use a condom tell they are married , and a blood test for std's before marriage is fully recommend to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe sex is an important part of relationships. When both people feel comfortable and want to have sex, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't.

That said, I do think it's better to not go out and have sex with everyone you can find that will have you. Waiting until marriage is extreme in my book, but I do think it's better to save sex for when you are in a committed relationship, or at least exclusively dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one should shame you for your personal choice.

However, if you are a sexual person (as in, not asexual), then I think exploring sexual compatibility is an important part of getting to know your partner, and building a foundation of shared experience.

I might even consider it irresponsible to wait until marriage, when sexual chemistry can be so critical to a relationships success.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can find sexual compatibility with great communication and getting to know that person and know there needs and wants. Sex isn't going keep you together no matter how good it is.

• @slimmjimmy Sex isn't some magic glue; it's not going to help an unhealthy relationship. But it can ruin an otherwise decent one, or improve a good one.

Sex is one factor in determining compatibility. Talking about it is very important, but actually doing it is what I'm talking about; again, a lasting relationship is built on a foundation of shared experiences. Sex can be one of those, and in my opinion, it should be.

• Right because when you have a foundation built and wait before marriage you have something to fall back on because you took the time to build a strong base and sex isn't gonna sway that foundation.

• Marriage is outdated but I still believe in the premise and fundamentals. It's been turned into business, and expensive business at that. I'd suggest "your own marriage", you don't need the bells and whistles, just two that fit on both your fingers. Gotta think outside the box especially when marriage has such rough statistics surrounding it, the reasons span over one another and its a lot to consider and "strategize" over in terms of your pursuit of happiness. Make it your own I say.

0|0
    0|0
  • The whole "no sex outside of marriage" thing was created way back in the day when contraception was largely unreliable and there was little knowledge of how STDs worked and no reliable way of protecting oneself from them other than abstinence. It made sense back in those days to have these rules in an effort to prevent the spread of STDs and so that every woman on the planet didn't have a bunch of illegitimate children to deal with. Plus people on average were much less educated than they are today. Even then people still probably fornicated anyway.

In today's world, now that we have the technology to mass produce reliable birth control, reliable methods to prevent STDs, and we know enough to treat or even cure some STDs, there's not really as much of a pragmatic reason to adhere to that rule anymore.

In my personal opinion, I don't even consider a long-term relationship with a person unless we're having good sex. As for waiting for marriage, I don't want to risk waiting only to find out that we have very much mismatched libidos, then I'm stuck in a situation that's tedious and very expensive to get out of.

0|0
    0|0
    • Would you help with this?

Would you help with my q's

Ex boyfriend blocked me Sunday and he NEVER blocked me bfore and what's strange is yesterday before he blocked me I was on a singles site where I also met him a while back and a guy messaged me but it awfully seemed like my ex with same age and height. He asked to ask then sent his phone to text I said I couldn’t already move on to texting, 30 minutes after I wrote that 9:30 am my ex blocked me on viber at 10 am and I know because his online status was no longer visible. When I tried calling the number the guy gave with s blocked number it was one of those made up free numbers from an app. Does it sound like it was him? My ex would also use apps like textfree to get a number form and text me. Why did he block me? Apparently I hurt him and I tried going back and he complained how I hurt him so he expected me to keep trying? I asked earlier December to meet and he couldn't because he had to take his dad the alterations... What would make him block me? Would he act like this if he didn't have feelings/want to get back together?

• if its just one or the other i would say both stay celibate till marriage, thats the correct way to do marriage and have a family, historically speaking. those are the most successful and fulfilling marriages.

but the problem is that now we marry much too late. back in the day people married earlier. in today's world one would have to wait 1-2 decades after the urge to have sex develops till they actually have sex, if they were to follow this path. that's very difficult.

in our current world, if you marry your high school sweetheart after school, have children and the male is a masuline, dominant man, the woman a feminine, submissive woman, that can totally work out.

but if you don't marry early, are going to college, or are working to become secure, you will waste away the best years to have children and start a family, partly because of circumstances, and also partly because of the belief that marriage should come later once you are already solid.

in this case, my advice would be for men, to have sex with at least 5 women, just to learn some skills.
    like the old saying goes, there is a woman for you to marry, and there are other women who will teach you how to f**k the woman you marry.

for women , i would say keep your number as low as possible. the more sex you have , the more baggage you get, and the more baggage you bring into a new relationship the more likely it is to fail.

also, if you fuck many men, you are more likely to get bored of being with the same guy for a long time.
    this same thing applies to men too, but generally men don't get baggage from sex and the advantage of learning how to be a good lover outweighs the risk being addicted to variety in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an outdated rule that used to have some practical value when we has no protection against StDs and no effective contraception. Women married in their teens so they weren't waiting long. Be people are marrying in their mid-twenties and waiting is neither attractive not necessary.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ideally they should wait to have sex after marriage.

And for those who will say there needs to be a sexual compatibility phase before marriage, that's no true.

Sexual compatibility comes directly from:

#1: A strong physical attraction.

#2: A strong mental and emotional connection.

The sex at first might be clumsy, but once both get adjusted physically to another and become comfortable the sex should be fine.

1|1
    1|0
  • Statistically speaking, the most successful marriages are ones in which the people have waited to have sex after they where married. Though I think we would need to fix our culture and our laws first before that becomes a viable option.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you think it could be because the religions that all strictly suggest waiting until marriage also greatly discourage divorce? I know a catholic woman who waited until marriage, and then after they got married, he became very abusive very quickly, and they're still married 16 years later. They have children that he treats like garbage too.

I dont think waiting until marriage improves the marriage, I just think that people that value their virginity a whole lot also tend to be in a religion that encourages people to marry only once, even if their partner is terrible for them.

• Show All
    • It was more a question than anything, and of course I'm open to debate. I still think there is some value to it but maybe not as much as I'm thinking.

• @hhues As I said, I'm not suggesting this is you specifically, I am saying that is the argument posed every single time I've ever heard any one contest this. Its also, again, not true as they found this data to be accurate regardless of age, culture, and religion. So again, it seems highly unlikely its just for religious reasons (for the record I am agnostic, I don't have a religion so my argument isn't coming from religious background, nor do I think premarital sex is "immoral" so I am not arguing that either. In fact technically, I'm not arguing anything just stating what the data says (which I can link to you if you wish (their is a lot of it to read through however). You can speculate as to the why, I will discuss it, I'm just saying that the religion argument is not accurate and again, many people pose it in order to avoid actually confronting the data rather then as an honest attempt to understand the findings.

• Waiting can be a good thing, but not until marriage.
    Back when waiting until marriage was a common thing, people would marriage much sooner...
    You see the same thing among many muslims today. Marrying really young, just so that they can finally have sex.

It's stupid to rush into marriage, just to fulfill such a random and eventually meaningless goal, when you can just wait a while before having sex, without getting married.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people should not marry. Marriage is sacred and has been lost by society for years. Not many people truly understand marriage, which is why divorces and infidelity have been running rampant for many years. Bringing children into this world with the false pretenses/wrong reasons is more the reason why this society is messed up when it comes to relationships, and too many people have been doing that.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's Lust not Love if you can't wait until Marriage. Cause think about it; you meet a girl a the bar (if u in to that crap) and she partly drunk and you bought her the drinks (now she's tipsy) and she agreed to go home with you and she made the move of sex and you guys had sex.
    Now she is pregnant (who is going to be responsible for the baby) or will you kill the baby because of your stupid Life style?
    There was no relationship or bond between your, it just happened.

0|0
    2|0
    • Are you actually smarter than your great great grand parents who believed in Marriage? If not then...

• If I could my life over, I would never have sex outside of marriage and never look at pornography. It is said and in my case is true to take every sex partner and every fantasy to the bedroom with you and this adversely effects your relationship and sexual behavior with the one person you have chosen to be with until you die.
    Please wait until you meet a person who is respectful, honest, loving and is worthy of your love. Trust me it will be worth the wait.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had sex with girls who have really great personalities and had great conversations with them, but after we have sex... it's just sort of a moment of "well that was weird". It would really suck to have that kind of sex for the rest of your life. Sexual compatibility is definitely a thing.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was a virgin when I got married. And I still dont believe in sexual compatiability.
      We love each other and we express our love through sex as well

• I personally prefer waiting, and I don't care for "meaningless sex". I think when you are married or at least with someone you love, it has much more meaning to it and can be more enjoyable than just a quick hook up.

0|2
    0|0
  • yes but marriage BY BIBLE TERMS
    not by the ways of the world which is what most people are doing

Bible The True Story Of The Flood ↗

0|0
    0|0
  • I vote on the after marriage thing. But as for the whole Christian thing? Just screw it. If you end up doing it, its completely fine. If you're ready and she is too then there's nothing holding you back and there's literally no room for judgement. But make sure you two do it with respect for each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mankind has been around longer than religion has. I doubt those ancient ancestors cared about virginity. They just knew they liked sex, sex made babies, more babies = better survival for the tribe. I also doubt many of our early ancestors would have cared about monogamy would pursue polygamous relationships simply to help grow their tribes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let people choose for themselves.
    I won't wait for marriage but if you want to, more power to you. Just don't look down on me and my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since very few people do that, very few people will have any true appreciation for the value of waiting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex should be after marriage in my opinion, but rules are not made of iron, if two people really love each other and think they will stay toghehter I don't see anything bad about it. Sex should just not be done in a lighthearted casual way, it should be meaningful

0|0
    0|0
  • Children should be indoctrinated from a young age into believing sex before marriage is an ergregious sin. Media featuring sex before marriage should be strictly prohibited. To set an example, all pornographers should be publicly executed. Then, we can finally make this country great again.

0|0
    0|0
  • here's a lesson that i learned last year after being cheated on twice.
    if she says no sex until marriage, she's fucking someone else behind your back.
    so my answer is absolutely the fuck not. next girl who tries to pull that no sex until marriage shit is getting a "bye felicia"

0|0
    0|0
  • Waiting for marriage gives a man and a woman more time to really get to know each other, which makes sexual relations that much more incredible when they happen. Not to mention being proper in the eyes of God.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're a man, don't get married. You are guaranteed to regret it at some point.

0|1
    0|0
  • I had 2 serious girlfriends before my wife.

I slept with both of them.

Even after 16 years with my wife, I still end up comparing her to them - and every person I've spoken to about it has said the same thing.

I know more than a dozen couples who divorced in part because although neither of them had cheated they were put into "irreconcilable differences" territory by the memory of the past.

I'm 46 and I end up comparing my 45 year old wife to me 23 year old ex sometimes. It never ends well, and I NEVER tell her I'm comparing them!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah maybe in Biblical times that may have worked out. People were getting married not long after hitting puberty (which was later than now) 15-17, and the average human life span was only 35 years.

Now kids are hitting puberty at 10-12 years, and marriages are pushing to late 20-30's. What are sexually mature young people to do? Play with themselves for 15 years?

I've been on the GaG site going on two years, and it's my general observation that virgins past 25 or so become increasingly neurotic with each year. Humans have a strong primal urge to mate, and denying that comes at a price, IMHO. My advice to any 18+ year old is to find someone you like, and enjoy your sexuality responsibly.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you have to safe sex then it doesn't matter, if you want the real deal then make sure she takes the pills, otherwise an unexpected child can potentially ruin the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes