What are your personal reasons to believe or not believe in God?

Or whatever you believe in.

1645

What Guys Said 45

• I'm an atheist because I don't see sufficient reasons to believe in a god or gods.

• My personal reasons for believing what I do, is that it makes sense, both to me, and also because I can explain it using science, even if some people may not call it scientific.

• 7d

And how would you explain it?

• 7d

Then you would say you are a pantheist?

• 7d

Pretty much, yes.

@AlienParasite Kind of, yes.

• God helped me in a dark time. I guess you could say He found me on the ground and pulled me back up on my feet. He was there even when no human was. Even today He helps me when I'm down on myself. He gives me purpose. He gives me hope.

Some may call it a false hope, and they can think that if they please. But after all He's done for me, I can't just ignore all that I've seen. I am a Christian, and there's no going back.

• I have reasons to stay agnostic because no matter the conviction of both extreme sides, those convictions are really just opinions, there are no true way of knowing as of right now and I don't see that changing in future. The real answer clearly is that no one KNOWS, they can only guess and believe.

• As a former actively practicing Christian, I actually found myself happier after I let go of my religion. I look at life more realistically which is the healthiest mindset to have.
    That's NOT to say I'm a full-on Atheist. I'd say Agnostic best describes my mindset.
    Also when I watch people discriminate others based on religious reasons, especially the corrupt Christians in control, it makes me not proud to have once aligned myself with a religion.

• I believe in God because it is the only logical explanation for existence. I think that there is a cohesive worldview that is scientific and reasonable with God as the source.

You cannot disprove God's existence. I haven't even seen evidence that he does not exist. At most, an atheist or agnostic could say they haven't seen enough to convince them.

• 7d

Do you also believe in other deities?

• 7d

You are right. But Jesus also performed miracles, many of them. And in front of important people of his day. In Luke and Acts alone, there are over a hundred and eighty people listed by name. Many of them were still alive at the time of those book's promulgation. It would be like someone writing a story about a man who we all know who lived a few years ago, and naming some of the most important people in the country as having witnessed miracles he performed. If someone did that now, they would be a laughingstock and we would all mock them. But at the time none of that happened. In fact, the opposite happened. Catholicism rapidly grew across the Roman empire.

• 5d

It doesn't mean a whole lot if there were named people. The miracles themselves cannot be independently verified, even by the Romans who controlled the area Jesus was in and had no interest in hiding miracles, as they could simply use his story to propagate the blessings of their own gods, which they never did.

We need to ask ourselves, is it logical to think something is rational, when there is no empirical evidence, or even unbiased evidence, for the claim? I mean prince Philip now in the United kingdom, has religious devotees on an island who thinks he's a god.
      He's alive and well known.
      Their worship of him is genuine and fulfills a cultural prophecy.
      Does this make him a god? Of course not, but to them he is.

• I'm a logic driven individual.
    My coping mechanism is based in solving issues that jeopardize my psychological well being.
    I can hold a positive mindset, but pretending that issues don't exist, or that there is a higher meaning to them simply just doesn't work for me, my mind would always break the illusion.

• I've simply never encountered any reason to believe that there is some cruel spiteful entity controlling the earth that will send me to be tortured for eternity if I don't give up my free will and subjugate myself to his.
    The fact that it's based on a fraction of texts written over 900 year's by desert nomads which was then heavily edited by churches and governments with the express purpose of controlling people makes it even more unbelievable to me.

• Common sense tells me a brilliant mind had to create this universe and life.

• 6d

atheism
      /ˈeɪθɪɪz (ə) m/
      noun
      noun: atheism

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

• 6d

@OrallyFixated: LOL.. atheism is stupid that's what I meant.

• 6d

And good night to you too.

• After trying to make sense of it all, it just goes in circles...

The church creates the concept of sinning, makes us feel bad for being human, but magically has the antidote for the concept they created. If an allmighty being created us, why did then choose to make us with desires to do things the church says we can't?

• Well my religion had it written down how to concieve a baby 20,000 years before man knew how to. Before then men assumed it was up to god and so many others ironically there it was written that’s all I need to know and believe. There are other things stuff our population does more often now but it was also written down 20,000 years before anyone had the idea. Don’t know if it was god himself but clearly whoever wrote it had goid intentions on helping humanity.

• Although I have a strong drive to understand the chemical biological, and physical laws that govern the universe, it does not rule out the possibility of a higher and more mysterious purpose, my need to have a connection with the creator, and a spiritual realm, so culture dictates what faith based organizations I might seek to find such a solution to an age old problems, why are we here? And what happens afterwards?

• because he is above the dome
    and anyone who does not believe in my GOD Jesus Christ is a retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcp3BFBYw4

• your options are
    1 a imaginary bein no one can see who can break all the rules of physics created the universe out of pure energy in a week without creating a blackhole and then adjusts all the isotopes of ever element so it looked right and knocked a girl up by magic or
    One group of people are trying to control another there is A logical process of experimentation to determine facts and a girl cheated on her husband or was raped and lied about it witch seems far more likely to me

• I'd rather not believe in what is basically a crybaby, attention seeking emo according to how he is described in more well known bibles. Plus I haven't been given any reason to believe in it soo..

• Which god? What are your personal reasons to believe or not believe in God?

There's NO PROOF for any of them.

• I believe in God because he saved me from myself.

He has healed me, He is the reason why I live.

• I just don't see much of a case for it. I tend to take the broader and more exciting view that we are yet to discover much more through science than what we already know.

• Probability.

Something's gotta be their and create something.

Our universe is too big for it just to inhabit some scrawny organisms.

God is more likely than unlikely, that doesn't mean I like them...

• I believe in spirituality, not in a single god and more in a sense of karmic cycle.

There’s no defining evidence for it, but I find peace with this.

• I just simply don't believe in anything without proof, the "just look around you, how could God not have created this?" argument doesn't really do it for me.

• I dont believe bc if there is a god, almost every human acts opposite what religion books teach them, so amost everyone should burn in hell but no one bats an eye about that...

• I believe in him because he is God the one and only

• I don't discount it's existence, but I don't worship it as it's described in the old testament. I find that god to be immoral, wicked, capricious and cruel.

• I have seen evidence strong enough to believe in "them".

• God made changes in me that i can't do. He gives men peace, joy, happiness. He here's and answer my prayers. He gave me the Holy Spirit that leads me

• It's not really personal. It's just an epistemic reason. There isn't evidence for god, so I don't think there is one.

• QS. 52:35
    اَمۡ خُلِقُوۡا مِنۡ غَیۡرِ شَیۡءٍ اَمۡ ہُمُ الۡخٰلِقُوۡنَ
    Are they created without anything or do they create (themselves)?

• Gnosis, personal interactions with deity. Hard to deny what you have experienced.

• Not believing in god means you will believe something other then god. Be human concept or human theology of human presception.

• Show more from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 16

• I believe in God because I want to go to Heaven after I die and God has shown me that He is real and I don't want the horrible life I had before I had God to comfort me in difficult times.

• I don’t believe in God personally because it’s just not realistic to me. Science explains a lot so I don’t see why I should believe in a religion, it seems pointless and like a waste of time.

But if someone is religious, I’m not against that. Each to their own.

• I don't believe in god because I've never met a theist who had a good argument or any evidence for their belief.
    In fact the vast majority will actively lie and evade questions which implies that they knew well in advance of our discussion that they had no good reason for their beliefs.

• There is no evidence, and logically, religion was created because mankind could not accept its own mortality. People convinced themselves that there had to be an afterlife.

• I believe because every time I think long and hard about it.. it makes sense and life fits together like a puzzle. I see him work through my life and answer my prayers. I know that no matter where my life takes me, he’s going to be with me every step of the way and that I’ll be happy. I’m extremely blessed in this life and I owe it all to him.

• I am agnostic-atheist. I choose to be agnostic as we can not claim to know anything; we can only speculate. I lean towards atheist, as I feel as if there is no evidence towards a God. However, no other theory seems 100% sound either, going back to agnostic 😂

• For one I’m a sinner and I definitely need a savior. I need something to believe in to get me through hard times and believeing in God helps me do that. That’s why I believe in God.

• I stopped believing in a God when I lost my dad and my nan in the same year and watched my siblings get split up into separate homes. So even if there is a God he's not mine.

• Your essentially asking our personal reasons for believing that the sky is blue. We see external truth, we don’t project “truth” from within. I don’t “believe” in G-d. I just know about Him.

• Ultimately it comes down to the fact that I have gnosis.

• No one has an absolute truth, they're just perceptions. So I don't believe in absolutes. I'm agnostic.

• I don’t believe In god. There’s no proof. I used to be a Christian, I prayed every day, but “god” didn’t help me. I prayed for years. If god were real, I don’t think he would put us through so much.

• I dont believe in god because i dont like the idea of religion. Not that i would really believe even if i did like religion.

• I am a Christian and I fully believe in a loving God who is everlasting and cares for me. I believe in this love that cares for me, enough to be always watching over me kindly and wants what is best for me... he wants me to know him and seek his path of love that he has for me so I can love him and others. I also am a Christian because I believe in love, I believe love is the reason for everything and love is life and God is love. My religion is just to love and accept others more, forgive and be understanding.

I don't condemn others, reject others or look down on others for not having my faith though. I have had friends who are non Christians. Actually, for some reason, some of the closest friends I have ever made are non Christians.

With that being said, my God is my life and my closest friend.

• I believe in God, My Father. xxoo

• I believe

• 6d

God created everything that exists. I give you a simple example: just think that everything you have done in your life has existed first in the form of thought: before having children, first you thought about it; If you build an object, you first think about how it will be; If you start a project, first you design it with your mind, etc. Ultimately, everything that exists in the physical universe existed first in a mental form.

• 5d

Help me out here, how does us thinking about doing things before doing them prove anything other than we thought about those things first? I thought about looking both ways before crossing the street today, not because a God told me to but because I didn't want to get hit by the massive truck coming down the street; by way of example of course.