Do you believe that the mottos of know thyself, and nothing in excess are useful for ones spiritual guidance in this world?

This is a funny dog?
This is a funny dog?
  • Do you believe that the mottos of know thyself, and nothing in excess are useful for ones spiritual guidance in this world?Yes they were just as practical 4000 years ago as they are today.
    Vote A
  • Do you believe that the mottos of know thyself, and nothing in excess are useful for ones spiritual guidance in this world?Nope I'm a slob, I shovel all foods and drink into my face, I'm a drunk and I know nothing
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yep. Ancient wisdom. The first one in particular is a given.. knowing that space in your head will help you navigate the world and manage your interpretations of ot...

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah I think if religious institutions had messages like this advertising on their churches, they might have more parishioners.

• The first one, in my opinion, is vital for a fulfilling life. It's important because many of our decisions are effected our knowledge of who and what we are. The second, if followed, is important in many aspects of our lives.

0|1
    0|0
  • that's good wisdom, where come from?
    Jesus turned water to wine as it is said, but it does not say h ow much he drank! Sadly, the authors chose not to snitch on him!:)

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't know what are they. Can you explain it to me, please?

0|1
    0|0
    • When Greek pilgrims made their way to the Delphi temple, they carried offerings with them for the Oracle, they were seeking wisdom, could be prophetic knowledge, who to marry, how to run their business, the mottos of know thyself and nothing in excess were carved on the temple edifice.

• Show All
    • Unfortunately yeah mind control is possible.

• I still don't believe in it.

• I believe so. When you know who you are as a person you begin to understand what changes should be made in your life for the better.

And im just GAG's oddity. 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I think so. Spiritual or otherwise.

To know one’s self is to understand who you are and your positives and well as your faults. Knowing your faults allows you to be a better person. It allows you to make your self better.

0|1
    0|0
  • My rear view mirror says it knows me better than it knows itself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Vote A. Although these mottos by themselves would be woefully inadequate to guide one's life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes they were just as practical 4000 years ago as they are today.

0|1
    0|0
  • I understand them but still lean towards being a fat drunken slob.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes they were just as practical 4000 years ago as they are today.

0|1
    0|0
  • The earth has been around for 40 billion years. The earth used to be an ion like gas planet full of gas. How life was born in earth is still unknown.

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted A.

0|2
    0|0
  • B. but I do know one thing: I'm a drunk

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm on a seafood diet. I see food, I eat it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep, they're always useful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hahaha not by a long shot.

0|1
    0|0
  • i want cheetos cheese puffs 😭😭😭

0|0
    0|0
  • Knowing yourself is always beneficial