Why do people think atheists go to hell?

I feel bad for them and they kinda make me uncomfortable or even mad sometimes but just because they turned their backs on god doesn’t mean that he will turn his back on them. God still loves them. He would be evil to send them to hell.

1950

Most Helpful Guys

• I disagree that God "sends" people to Hell. The default destination for all of us is Hell, that's why he sent Jesus the save us.
    Think of life as if it were a river. We're each riding in a one-person raft. We're all headed for a waterfall (death) with a 1000 ft drop onto the rocks (Hell). We're wearing earplugs and blindfolds so we don't know when it will happen. Some people try to paddle with their arms to save themselves but it's useless. Thankfully, there's a catwalk right at the edge of the waterfall and Jesus the Messiah is lying across it with his arm extended down to us. All we have to do is stop paddling and put our arms up to Jesus, accepting the full pardon He won for us on the cross. When we go over the edge He will grab our hands and pull us up onto the catwalk. The people who reject Him are choosing Hell. Buddha can't save you. Neither can Mohammed, Mary, good works, saints, spirituality, happy thoughts, or anything else.
    You are right that God loves us. That's why He sent Jesus to pay for our sins and save us. That is God's escape plan for us and that's why they call it the Gospel. The "Good News". My name's Steve and I'm bringing you the Good News. Whether you accept it or reject it is up to you. You're making the choice.

• Your viewpoint is called "Universalism". There was a separate Universalist church, until they merged with the Unitarians and became the Unitarian-Universalists.

How or why do atheists make you mad? Are you harassed by atheists telling you that your beliefs are false? Or do they make you mad when you try to evangelize them and they won't go along? Or do atheist arguments that you see online upset you?

Other people think atheists go to hell because someone has to, and it's certainly not them.

• Atheists make me mad because they’re mean and say mean things about God and people who love him.

• Do they say these things directly to you unprovoked? That would indeed be quite rude.

Most Helpful Girls

• God is total righteousness. There is no wrong in him. He is light and can have no darkness around him. You might say it cramps his style. Since sin is darkness God can have no one whose sin has not been forgiven around him, including in Heaven. I don't know about hell but the Bible says "They shall be cast into the outer darkness. It is in that place where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. So if a person refuses to be in God's light he has to send them into darkness, where ever that may be.

• Don’t feel bad for them it’s fools that still believe in religion. So many world problems are caused by religion it was a way to control the masses through fear. There’s over 4,000 religions so how could you possibly think that your god is the right one? Oh right because it’s all made up. We evolved from science and most people with a brain can figure that out.

• You don’t know even the first most basic thing about religion... lol