Did jesus and the early church historically exist?

Did Alexander the great exist? He shouldn't since we can't see him or touch him. No, there is historians who wrote about him, but actually they wrote about him after almost 200 of his death. But we can't deny his existence even toug we can't see him since historians wrote about him so he must have existed.
Same with jesus.
I am not talking about the messiah, the son of God who resurrected from the dead but simply a man named jesus of Nazareth who claimed to be the son of God and got crucified for it.
There is many Roman and Jewish historians and generals who wrote about jesus and the early church, I can't say what they said exactly because it's too much but here are most of the historians who wrote about jesus:

Tacitus
Lucien
Thallus
Seutonius
Pliny
Mara bar serapian
The talmud
Celsus
Josephus

Even the talmud wrote about him, and confirmed that he existed and was crucified for false claims and blasphemy. The enemies of the church also wrote about him which proves that he really existed. Being God or not is what is up for debate. But his existence is a fact. The original texts from the gospels were found also and the existence of his deciples is proven Did jesus and the early church historically exist?
Updates:
https://youtu.be/vQKxoBpV2NE

Videa proves my point

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No historical evidence has ever been found to suggest that such a person actually existed.
    But I agree with what you said, that a man called "Jesus of Nazareth" existed, but not the son of God. Most of those biblical texts were also written 2 centuries after his death.

My arts history professor said there were hundreds of street preachers like Jesus. Now whether Jesus could actually perform miracles is a whole nother story.

There are even some theories now that Jesus was actually Mary Magdaline.

0|0
    0|1
    • Again, being written after 2 centuries doesn't mean it isn't true. For example most writings about julius caesar was written almost 3 centuries after his death.
      The bible wasn't written 2 centuries after jesus. That makes no sense becashe the deciples would have already died

• Show All
    • 6d

The Gospels were written decades later by the followers of the deciples, not the deciples themselves. The Gospels are not first hand accounts.

• 6d

That is true

• Yes dude. All the people in the Bible exist, people just don't believe all the divine stuff.

To them those people were just regular humans that lived and died like everyone else..

0|1
    0|0
    • If jesus is historically proven as a real normal man who lived and died then we can come to conclusion that he was really the son of God. Since his deciples even after his death kept preaching and accepted to be executed to preach their message. If it was just a lie from the beginning and jesus died it means that it's all done and they better escape

• Show All
    • Jesus never went against the old testament, he was born under the old testament and obeyed it perfectly.

In fact Jesus was the one who gave Moses the laws, statues and judgments when he was in the mountain for 40 days.

Jesus always existed from eternity, but then came down from heaven to be born of a virgin and live the life of a regular human being to give his life as a sin sacrifice for many as he himself said.

• Jesus actually changed the commands of the old tastment just to suit the time of the new era. It's the same God in both tastments. But in the old testament it was an era of war, blood, heresy everywhere, cruelty. So God had to allow the Jews to stone adulterers, idolaters, kill homosexuals etc.. to keep their faith secured from heathens. Also the hebrews were cruel, and would take revenge by doing even more harm to the person who attacked them than what they received so God took it step by step, also people were born already with sin and the relationship between the people and God wasn't repaired yet.
      However when the 3rd step came God revealed his real self, forgiving, loving, sacrificing etc... however the Jews were still cruel and didn't accept christ's forgiveness so they wanted to kill him

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Both existed. Jesus always did exist and still does.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes. Many people doubt his existence because there historically no records of his existence but there’s many people who don’t have a verifiable existence yet but must have existed as people wrote
    about them.

0|1
    0|0
  • There were so many mystery cults in ancient Rome. It just had to happen that it were the Christians subverted Rome and not some other cult. Also Alexander the Great is real because his empire is real. He is the descendant of Sparta, which are descendant of Herakles which is the son of Zeus. Alexander the Great is sprung from the superior stock of the Olympian gods.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course. It is written. I will not be an idiot that believes otherwise

0|3
    0|0
  • There is written proof of existence of both Alexander and Jesus in actual political files, also showing his genealogy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m sure there was some basis in reality for many of the people and events in the bible

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. People who deny it are historically illiterate.

0|1
    0|0
  • “Jesus’ death as a consequence of crucifixion is indisputable”

Atheist historian Gerd Ludemann

0|2
    0|0
  • Probably, but Jesus wasn't the only person at the time claimed to be a messiah

0|0
    1|1
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • He hot

0|0
    0|0
    • Even toug you're trolling, you're right. He must have looked unique since he was God himself in flesh

• I mean.. look at that beard tho

Recommended myTakes