Do you think a guy who always been a Christian can be with a girl who is just becoming a Christian?

Like if she’s had a pretty hoeish life in the past but now want to be closer to god, can she be with a guy that’s never not been at church ⛪ ?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, if he can find it in his heart to look past her life but she has to be serious and willing to really turn her life around.

1|1
    0|0
    • I tend to disagree because the bible does condone people marrying that aren’t the same, especially if they have different relationships experiences

• Show All
    • So how me being with a girl and her constantly feeling like she’s not good enough helping her?

• Yes. She can.

0|2
    0|0
    • What your reasoning for this?

• Show All

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Don't you christian folks preach forgiveness and redemption and stuff? I mean, Jesus certainly would. So every christian should see the good in everyone, like Jesus, and try to lead people into the Kingdom of God through forgiveness and kindness. So I say yes, definitely!

I'm not a christian by the way. I just have a soft spot for you nice folks.

1|1
    0|0
    • Jesus preached forgiveness for your enemies which is vastly different from someone you choose to marry, in married you are joined together so Jesus would be against marrying someone with a different past than you.

• Show All
    • No, it's special. It's a classic in every sense, and what my society is built upon. I hold it in high regard.

• That’s one way of looking at it, but a book written by god should be held in high regard but that only if you believe it was written by god

• Maybe you can remain friends until she soon accepts jesus in heart. Until then you can support her. Ask God for guidance

1|1
    0|0
    • That not what the bible says. You’d be unevenly yoked which means you guys don’t share the same relationship experience so your always expecting things the other person can’t provide

• Seems like she would be comitted to it whether new Christian or old. If you're in, you're in.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think so, but it depends on the guy’s personality and type of faith.

Personally, I admit I can have trouble with girls who have a huge past. Many women “friends” have had wild lives compared to mine, which concerns me a bit, if I were going to date them. I don’t know if I could personally get past it.

So yes, it can happen. And yes, it can be a successful relationship. But there are a lot of factors... and I think there IS something to be said for dating someone who is “equally yolked.” But yes, it can work if she’s genuinely chafed and he’s willing to put in the effort and can not ignore her past, but not be intimidated by it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure why not? God himself told that people should forgive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, he can berate her for being sinful. What Christian wouldn't like that? Pick up your bed and walk, baby.

0|1
    0|0
  • Poor girl. Why is she making such a bad mistake now?

0|1
    0|0
  • If their personality matches or connects with the other they should be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why not.

1|0
    0|0
    • Isn't the Christian view that we are all sinners?

• Yeah we all need the forgiveness of god but marriage is about being compatible and you can’t really be compatible with someone that has a different past than you. Your gonna fight all the time about everything.

• Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not they are both Christian

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't marry until she is

0|0
    0|2
  • As long as she does not support same sex marriage or any of that kind of thing and she is true to him then yes

0|1
    1|1
    • Who the hell downvoted this?

Recommended myTakes