Catholics of G@G, is it possible to learn about Catholicism without being religious?

I'm interested in this religion because it is part of my country's history and culture, and I would like to know more about it. However, I refuse to believe in the concept of God and all. I just want to learn about this religion. I heard multiple times that everyone is welcome in the house of God, but I'm not sure if I should proceed.

05

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. I imagine most Catholics would encourage you to study it. The first step I'd argue is to pick up the Bible. They have them all over in stores, not to mention online. For Catholicism in particular, I would suggest going for the "approved" translations:
    www.usccb.org/.../index.cfm

You could likewise attend mass if you wanted to. When people start going up for communion, you can just remain seated.
    I would imagine a good amount of priests/deacons would be willing to talk to you about it as well if you set up a time with them. (That of course varies person to person though.)

• 6 d ago

There is catechism if I remember well, but it's only for children, isn't it?

• You don't need to be religious to study any religion.