What's your spiritual/religious beliefs? Why do you believe what you do?

Hateful comments towards other's beliefs will not be tolerated.
I'm a Christian. I was raised in a very religious family, but at about 9 I stopped believing in God because I didn't believe in my family's bigoted ways. I thought all Christians were like them. I went through an agnostic phase for a bit. I also went through a pagan phase after my youth pastor told me that me being gay is the same thing as being a pedophile (I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse). And I'm not saying that being agnostic or pagan is a phase for everyone. I only started believing in God again after I moved in with my dad and stepmom in Arizona. The church we were going to was a biker ministry. They were very open-minded and cool. I realized some Christians actually follow God's word and love everyone. I also started covering my hair on occasion because it helps me feel calm and closer to God. My family will start going to a new church soon (we moved too far away to continue going to the biker ministry), and I'm hoping our new church will also be good for us.
4
2