Simply explain to a non-Christian the difference between a Catholic and a Protestant?

CubsterShura
The task is to explain the difference between Catholic Christians and Protestant Christians in such a simple manner that even people who aren't familiar with Christianity would understand when you explain it. I feel like people expect everyone to have knowledge about Christianity but I certainly don't and even when I tried to understand the difference I couldn't. Best explanations get MHO.
11 mo
To Christians who don't understand the difference between Catholic and Protestant: it's ok I'm Sunni Muslim and don't know the differences between Sunni and Shia despite having a Shia friend who tried to explain to me earlier.
11 mo
Also guys please stop pushing y'all's personal opinions or agenda onto answering these questions. If you don't believe Catholicism is Christianity, fine, stop dissing Catholicism for it.
34
10