To the Christian guys out there, would you assume a girl who takes the time to message you and check in with you also likes you? Would it repulse you?

Anonymous
I have a church friend that I do have feelings for, but I'm also just generally a very feeling and empathetic person. He is going through some struggles right now, but he's too closed off to share what's bothering him. I messaged him being honest and saying this:

Hey _____, I've been contemplating and praying if I should even send this message because I don't want you to take it the wrong way, but I'm going to put that aside because I know something is hurting you and it's selfish to let fear of man and my own pride stop me from loving a brother. If there's anything I can do to help, please don't even hesitate to reach out. I've been feeling really heavy this past week too, and Psalms 139, 42, and 43 are some of the passages that have been giving me so much comfort. I pray they do the same to you. Sending so much love and prayer your way _____. God's got ya.

He responded with:

👍

Would this message weird you out? Would it bother you? Does it seem like I didn't say the right things or that he's bothered by it? He's more shy than the average guy, but very thoughtful and charismatic once you know him closely.

Explain in the comments please!
1
0