Why do Catholics support gay marriage? Why was my Mom angry that I opposed it? Should I become an Evangelical?

I told my Mom I opposed it. The bible clearly defines marriage as between a man and a woman, which Jesus himself stated. The Bible also mentions the burning of an entire city of homosexuals. Which clearly sheds light on the fact that it is seen as an immoral behavior in the eyes of God. Especially since you can find passages in the bible saying you shall not do “x, y and z”.

So why do so many Catholics support it?

Many Catholics have already left the church. In Latin America millions of people have already switched over in the past twenty years alone.

I’m just starting to really lose my faith in the Catholic Church. I’m starting to realize that they’ve made bad judgements and poor decisions throughout their history. Including with covering up all these child abusers for decades. Including with allowing for same sex “civil unions” this past week.

Throughout history the church has always acted in ways that would displease God.

”Civil Unions” are just marriage under a different name. Which the bible teaches is strictly between a man and a woman, as Jesus himself stated.

The Evangelicals are just more in line with my personal belief systems. And they tend to be far more confident and outspoken in their faith. I admire their deep commitment and much more personal relationships with God and I desire that same degree of closeness myself.

And they actually live by the bible instead of trying to “compromise” their values with a secularist society like the Catholic church always does.

The Catholic church always feels the need to “adjust with the times” for some reason.

There is no reason we should be acting against God’s will just to please the masses of secularist society.

I fundamentally disagree with the direction of the church.
5
9