What do muslims think about the Quran when they read it, do they not reflect on its barbaric nature as if it was perfectly normal in today's world?

I have had the opportunity to read the Quran because I really wanted to know. To sum it up its a violent book spread by the sword. A book of metaphoric phrases that leave people to consider what the prophet was really trying to instill. It has its good points and bad but dispite this overall its a book that should not even be considered a religion but a philosophical life style that people could live by. Here is the problem, muslims overall don't really reflect on the Quran because that would mean questioning gods perfect wisdom and that is well... Blasphemy to some imams. So how do you question a belief without getting killed or your head chopped off... you simply don't.
2
5