My husband is a Muslim and has an obviously Muslim surname. I don’t want our kids to have his surname?

Anonymous
My husband’s surname is Ahmed and I don’t want my kids to take it because I don’t want them to run into problems or for it to he assumed that they’re Muslim. I want them to have freedom and become critical thinkers. I don’t want their identity to becoming Islam. Even Muslims don’t really treat other Muslims nicely and are critical if them if they don’t fit their boxed in stereotypes and I don’t want my kids to face all that. I know a name is just a name and shouldn’t matter but I just wish he had a normal family name like mine which identifies my ethnic background and doesn’t relate to any religion directly.

What can I do alternatively?
6
2