What is a “born again”, Pentecostal or Evangelical Christian? Are they more committed Christians? How are they different? Why are they Anti-Catholic?

I don’t get why other Christians love to hate on Catholics.

Like aren’t all of God’s believers supposed to be united? So why not unite under the largest Christian church? The one that was FIRST FOUNDED by Jesus himself when he placed Peter in charge?

I get that many protestant people don’t like the Pope, and not every Pope was perfect. But regardless it was an institution Jesus set up. He wanted there to be a designated head of the church.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that new churches should be created besides in relation with the one Jesus already set up.

Sure the Catholic church has had its issues over the years and nobody denies that.

But that’s what happens when you give any one institution too much power and control over peoples lives. You have to limit it later on. As is what happened. The “Catholic reformation” happened around the same time as did the “Protestant reformation” because people still cared and throughout history people have always wanted to make the church even better.

And let’s not be hypocritical by admitting that the Church of England and Southern Baptists also did some fucked up shit over the years, like enslaving people. Not in a manner that satisfies the biblical teaching of consent, but in the most brutal fashion. Or even the Mormans with polygamy back in the day.

But people fail to give the Catholic church any credit for righting its wrongs.

In modern times there’s those Priests that raped people but the church is personally paying compensation to the victims and reforming the system that allowed it to take place undercover.

We’ve been around as a church for almost 2,000 years. We have a rich history. And It’s ok to fuck up every once in a while because as I’ve already pointed out, many other churches already have as well.

But to suggest that we’re a cult of “devil worshippers” as I’ve heard some saying on here is a far cry from reality.
What is a “born again”, Pentecostal or Evangelical Christian? Are they more committed Christians? How are they different? Why are they Anti-Catholic?
Add Opinion