When you dive deep into what history and science give us about Christianity and other beliefs, where does the argument keep ending for you?

BUNroaster
I've listened to my family speak about God, my grandmother reads the Bible everyday. They say the same things with such heartfelt demeanor. Yet so easily ends with the idea humans can't survive with God to be our leader. Listen to many who study the Bible as well as most other religions across the globe. I have a lot of respect for some of them with how they handle arguments on the matter but the conversation usually still ends the same. Like it only works if you dont believe humans are capable enough to say wait "rape is a bad thing, that's horrible for others." I think we've majority-wise consistantly not following scripture for decades as a society. I think we can relate with others enough to care for them. And if thats the final verdict, it only works for some but I seriously think it just everyone divided. I dont know many Christians who'd talk to atheists daily, or say a rumored whore across the street. It closes off so much connection and Christians won't typically have the patience to see that. Some do, I applaud them but they still get stuck on certain beliefs mostly inhereted only because they've believed it since birth. For some it works, makes them more confident in life. For others it keeps family's and individuals seperated from the rest of the world. A Christian more likely keeps their world small. They hide in family, they hate change and accepting new ideas. Whether or not it's fact or not wouldn't matter. This is typical for many many people who grow up in a similar belief, be it political stance or philosophies of any sort. I do worry for these families, as they mean so much well and good but ignore what other perspectives can see too.
1
2