Is it Christian to cut off your own balls in order to stop sinning?

Anonymous
I saw one news about a Colombian farmer whose wife refused to have sex with him, since divorce is very discouraged in Christianity, he decided to castrate himself in order to stop his urges and not cheat on his wife:There's a text in the Bible that apparently permits this:

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and. cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee. that one of thy members should perish, and not. that thy whole body should be cast into hell." Matthew 5:30

There was also a Christian sect in Russia called the "Skoptsy":https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skoptsy#:~:text=The%20Skoptsy%20(Russian%3A%20%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF%D1%86%D1%8B%2C,their%20teachings%20against%20sexual%20lust.
They practiced castration for men and mastectomy for women (removal of one of the breasts), because they believed sexual lust is sinful.

Will God be mad or happy if I decide to do this myself?
0
5