I keep being told by the church how turning away from God makes you an ass? Followed by thunderous applause? Is this true to you?

BareNecessary
Are churches creating an ideal of what it's like to not believe to further people's beliefs and control their own narrative.

Picturing actually being someone who's turned from God. What factors are they dealing with? Self conflict. Their whole lives believing only one thing and that one thing being the source of everything good in their life. The possible emotional turmoil alone is enough to drive them insane and make horrible decisions. Some would be more likely to go completely opposite of Christianity on their own. I think most make more harsh decisions based on their frustrations in the church. So yes they become an ass whether it's Satan or God or only their own doing. Why aren't we taught to see through their eyes? Why not bring in an atheist weekly to understand each other. Why not commute. Because we are taught fear as a good thing amongst people. Fear is love in most places in the Bible. Commuting and understanding one another's story isn't. The divide amongst all people and the Church it's self is promised. Divide causes reason to learn and instead we are taught to only live in our understanding. The only reason we will fall is because of everyone's certainties. Whether or not it's God's plan or not, I think it would be His lesson.
1
3