+1 y

Don't Try to Be Sexy... Just BE Sexy

Sometimes I think that people have it all wrong while trying to convince the world that they are sexy. Everything from contrived duckfacing photos while only wearing their underwear to wild spring break casual sex, nothing screams desperate, and that's anything but sexy.

Of course this is just my opinion, but I have been in many situations where I have seen a person trying way too hard to the point of failing when it came to showing off their sexual prowess. In pop culture, we also see celebrities oversexualize themselves to the point where it has actually hurt their brand.

Don't Try to Be Sexy...Just BE Sexy

These are mistakes that I think people make to try an attract attention using sexually suggestive behaviour…that usually happen in bars or places where alcohol can be consumed. It also happens on social media with what someone posts whether it's a photo of themselves or comments that sexually show off. This Take is directed mainly at women, although attention-seeking males might want to keep in mind that the next section on what is sexier will help their cause more than over-proving that they are sexual beings. Take heed from Miley, Britney, and many others who overdo it to the point where they prove that it's not sexy...it's pathetic.

Don't Try to Be Sexy... Just BE Sexy

Public displays of homosexual suggestion. This usually is something women do. Not that actual lesbians can't show their affection for each other if they're out as a couple, but if you think Madonna and Britney looked like idiots doing something like this for attention, then so too will girls who aren't famous millionaires either. They believe that it’s something men go nuts over, given the popularity of lesbian porn. Sure, guys might actually like to see this, and will probably even react to the initial shock, but public kissing and touching only goes so far. It doesn’t take long for them to ask themselves, “Am I really bringing the right girl home to meet mom and dad?”

Don't Try to Be Sexy... Just BE Sexy

Simulation of oral sex. Most people who are having sex have some inkling how to perform oral sex. Displaying one’s technique is an advertisement, not a way to bait someone in to a relationship. When someone sucks on a beer bottle or licks out a lemon slice from their drink all they are doing is looking for validation that they might be doing it right because maybe they might not be so sure. Chances are, if given the right reaction, they can take that same technique to bed with them some time.

Don't Try to Be Sexy... Just BE Sexy

Twerking or grinding on the dance floor. We get it, you're a big girl now and you know how to have sex, or you have just the right moves from behind to let everyone know you have a vibrating hunk of flesh that could do the job just as easily. So do we all. The difference here is that people just see the attention-whoring for what it is, because now more than ever, people are catching on that to shock sexually is what sells a brand. If the brand is your ass, then you’re only doing what every other person is doing to advertise the same brand.

Try Some Class

1. Be that mysterious person. Sexual ambiguity always makes others curious. But aside from that, don't give up the goods all at once, not just in bed, but also with how you dress. Covering up in just the right places and giving the opposite sex something to wonder about has been known to make them crazy. Don’t reveal it all in one shot, in one place.

2. Observe with a smile. Watching others make complete asses of themselves is way sexier than the person who is overdoing it. As long as you have that little smirk on your face knowing that you could engage if you wanted to, but choose not to is pleasantly noticeable rather than just painfully noticeable from those who are actually making fools of themselves.

3. Limit your alcohol consumption. Drunk people are annoying. Aside from being loud, smelling bad, and acting foolish, they tell you a lot more about themselves simply by the fact that they can’t control themselves and use the liquor as an excuse to act wild. Or, they simply choose not to control themselves at all. Either way, being the one person in your crowd who can enjoy a drink but remains cool can attract a lot more attention just because you appear to be strong and confident, and don’t look as though you have to join in to get attention. You’re doing just fine by being the sober one.

4. Refuse to succumb to everyone else’s antics. If someone challenges you to act like an ass simply because your friends did without even a dare, that doesn’t mean they’re owed a performance from you. Flashing, public sexual contact, or anything just plain silly can simply be excused with, “That’s not my style.” If persistent, “You already gave a performance on my behalf, so thanks.”

Don't Try to Be Sexy... Just BE Sexy

By not advertising yourself as an overtly sexual animal brings you a lot more favourable attention from the opposite sex more than you think. Just when you think you might not have the guts to do what others are doing, remember why they are doing it in the first place: to validate what they think will score them attention.

Attention is achieved in many ways, and what a lot of people are forgetting now is that sometimes being the quiet one, the less obtuse one who doesn’t feel the need to show off to the world that they are willing to give it all away, is actually more attention-grabbing in a more attractive and favourable way.

Don't Try to Be Sexy... Just BE Sexy
17
11

Most Helpful Girl

• Nightwing394
    Great take! I completely agree with you to many people end up making fools of themselves just for attention. It's stupid, and I'm pretty tired of seeing it. People need to have some self respect, but hey if someone likes doing that stuff and they can get away with it more power to them right?
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Illusive_Man
    Try some class..
    AHAHAhahAHahHAHAhahaHAhAHAhahahAHha

That doesn't exist in this day and age.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1016
  • HookingSwan
    If you are playing to win in the long run, then yes. Class will always favour you if you are trying to attract the kind of guy that wants to b in a long term relationship with you. And, honestly, the only kind of guy that really matters.

Not to bash on anyone's one night stands. It is just not my thing.
    • I'm pretty sure there are men who have no class too

• Yes. I didn't say that only women could have no class. For sure there are some a-hole guys out there @iamyourneighbour.

• @iamyourneighbor

• Hannah591
    I do lesbian stuff when I'm drunk at parties for the laugh. All the males there are either taken, my best friends or I don't find them at all attractive. I'm not trying to be sexy or flirt, it's just a new experience, my chance to go wild. I don't really care what people are thinking.

I totally agree that when girls try to be sexy, it goes in the opposite direction.
  • mimmface
    Do people really need these advices? i mean, do they really Not know all of this?
    Isn't it sad?
    • Ozanne

I know! But look how many idiots there are out there who think they have it figured out by acting like this. ;)

• mimmface

I like your take, you are painfuly right. everybody who i know are like this, i just realized it...

• Red7336
    if only all GAG was Ozanne <3

I've seen a few of your takes and you are always 100% on point... we kinda have similar mentalities i think lol
  • John_Doesnt
    I like party girls and would definitely take home a girl who makes out with other women in public.
    Hello married threesome!!!
    • Helloooo STD'S!!

• Hello douchbag!!!

• How is he a douchebag I don't get it?

• iamyourneighbor
    I feel like this mytake criticizes younger women of this generation and unfairly generalizes young women of this generation. Also this mytake implies that the girl is doing this to try to get into a relationship. Not every girl who does this is trying to bait a man into a relationship. I think women should stop telling people what is sexy
  • Aeon_Flux_21
    So fucking easy for you females to say. In order for a male to be sexy he must waste his existence in a gym, become rich and a badboy.

Sick of you females.
    • Ozanne

Actually that's okay because I've actually become increasingly sick of you, personally, and have been meaning to block you for a while just because I'm sick of how you talk to people here. You've been on GaG all of about a month and you are not even close to contributing anything of value and you don't even do it in an entertaining way. Just one more annoying user. Bye.

• This is what I do when I choose not to drink, only except instead of looking sexy I spend the whole no fending off the drunk girls asking why I don't drink. Actually most are fairly sober still asking me in about 5 different ways. lol I don't know.
  • DeltaDanner
    I agree wholly with this take! It's like, "we get it... Sex... Yay" and I personally don't see the attraction to lesbian acts. Lesbians have a right to show their love to each other, but if it's just an act to get guys attention it's stupid. Women, if you act gay, I'm going to assume your gay, or don't have an interest in me. If I saw a chick check me out and then start making out with another I'm going to assume that's a sign that she isn't interested. If you want to kiss me kiss me, not your girl friend.
  • TheEroticJester
    For girls, I guess sure. For guys this is what all the virgins are already doing. Being classy and sitting in the corner.
    • jormungand

lol, that last sentence cracked me up

• abundantlyrich
    I like that you are here. You just keep plowing through... With more takes after takes. 😅
  • KidanisCortes
    No time to read hot lesbian kisses and hot asses, woot
  • DaveyYourFavey
    What I notice about every time a girl likes me is that a) I wasn't even trying, b) I had never even though about being in a relationship with the girl and c) when I was doing "attractive" things I wasn't even thinking of being attractive. Times like that I've had girls "obsess over me" (actual quote from the girl's friend) and I've been called hot. Then in times when I make a conscious effort to be attractive to a girl, I get zero response and I think I've even been labeled as creepy a few times :D. I realized that the key to really being attractive is to be yourself, relax, and don't over think things or try too hard.
  • Scrambledagain
    i dunno, seriously from a male view, those things that males do to get attention actually work with women.
  • babu_001
    You see, everybody wants to be Madonna, but those losers don't know there can be only one Madonna.
  • phanindra554plus
    this is great take. if you want a pure relation don't do things to get attention :-)
    • Monsters

And than guys date these chicks and get mad when they cheat hello?

• Avalon4
    I'm loving those girls asses.
    • Ozanne

*sigh* There goes myTake. LOL

• YourFutureEx
    Very spot on. And I'm saying this from experience.
  • promiscuous-petal
    Don't tell me what to do.
  • COCOCHANEL
    having class and mystery is so sexy
  • Veronicaxxxxxx
    well said !
    (Y)
  • Yasmine_yasmine
    Wish more people would read this
  • pezzonovante88
    I like the first pic lol
    ...
  • beau18
    All very true
  • ThatBritishLad
    I... I-I just... I... No.
    Thank you.
  • Cowboy6666
    Oh my these pics... O. o