Sex Shaming Needs To Stop!

thesassypanda

Sex Shaming Needs To Stop!

People love sex - obviously.

It's RIDICULOUS that when a man has sex, he's praised and asked how many kills now, was she good in bed, etc.

But when a woman has sex? She's shamed. She's told she should keep her legs closed. If our sex count is more than you can count on your fingers, you're a slut. But for a man, the higher the number the better is what we've been conditioned into.

Why does it even matter how many dicks have been inside of me? I'm still the same person. Instead of being shamed, we should all just be praised. Good for you for enjoying your body and sexuality. As long as it was consenting, there is no problem.

Sex Shaming Needs To Stop!
88
26

Most Helpful Girl

• Good take. Everyone seems to have different definition of the word 'slut' but I have noticed on this site if you have had sex you're automatically a slut, regardless of how the circumstances is. To me a slut is a girl who sleeps around without knowing the guys, or without having any commitment with them. I don't do this but still, I have no right to shame them because obviously they're harmless to me. I wonder why do many people put so much concern on others' sexual lives when it doesn't affect them. I have so much things to worry rather than this stupid issue. I am more worry about getting robbed lol.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• RationalMale
    You're free to have sex with as many people as you want. Download tinder. You can be celibate this year or you can have sex with 300 men this year. Your call.

You're not free from consequences of your actions. If you're not mature enough to handle the fact that there are consequences to actions, maybe you shouldn't do it.
    Is this still revelant?
    • pavlove

almost guarantee you everyone of your likes came from virgins

• @pavlove that, or people mature enough to make choices and then not wail about the horror that some people don't... *gasp* approve of their choices.

• pavlove

maybe one or two, but still probably a majority virgin fan base to most of what you write on here.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2587
  • gray_sailor
    "It's RIDICULOUS that when a man has sex, he's praised and asked how many kills now, was she good in bed, etc."

I have literally NEVER seen this sort of praise being given out IRL.

NEVER.

Oddly though, it is given as common knowledge that is simply, irrefutably, undeniably true here on the Internet.

I just don't know how to respond.
    • Really? I've seen numerous men get praised for having sex, especially about the number of woman they have fucked

• I too have never seen it, maybe in highschool but never beyond that (and even then I think its overstated).

• Bandit74
    The idea that men are "praised" is so exagerated. After highschool most guys dont give a shit about eachothers sex lives. In fact guys who brag about how many women theyve slept with are often seen as annoying.

And in the rare scenarios where a guy is congratulated, it is by other MEN, NOT by women.

I have never seen a woman praise a man for sleeping around or call him cool. I have, however, heard the terms: manwhore, womanizer, fuckboy, and player being used to describe them tho.

Men do tend to judge female promiscuity more than make promiscuity but its not as polarized as you suggest. Also there's a lot of women who judge promiscuous men.

www.hookingupsmart.com/.../

A study at the University of Illinois by Allison and Risman surveyed 20,000 undergraduates at 20 colleges and universities and found

"63% of men say they lose respect for women who hook up frequently, while only 41% say they feel the same way about men who engage in the same behavior. However 70% of women say they lose respect for men who engage in casual sex, while less than 60% lose respect for other women"

• LittleSally
    Having sex whenever with whomever you want is your prerogative - that doesn't mean people aren't going to judge the behavior or that you aren't putting yourself in danger of diseases and possible pregnancy.
    - girl or a guy - promiscuity is their thing but both should be looked at equally (and they are in my book)
    • NatashaJ

Exactly but if you going to go and say your not a slut but slept with 99 people you are skanky they just call it like they see it (only if they know). Jesus people care too much what others say if its not damaging your life just say F you to the person and move on.

• Actions have consequences.

• Klara-Hitler
    Sex shaming needs to be expanded.

The real things that should be stopped in the society are STDs, high rate of divorce, single mothers, death of nuclear family, death of romance, death of empathy.

Teach your pro STD nonsense to your children, not mine.
    • azanun

Wise words. People need to realize that promiscuity is worse than slutshaming

• Calex

Nobody's saying go and have an orgy fest and catch STD, no. She's just saying sex isn't as bad as people make it to be. I also noticed you put death of empathy and death of romance. How does sex affect those? I mean, aren't sex and romance complimentary to one another?

• Lioness
    I think it has to do with male insecurities... A girl can have sex with one person and think it is great sex, he is the biggest, etc until she has something to compare to. For guys, pretty much a vagina is a vagina it's a hole and feels about the same. So you see, guys have something to lose when we "explore" other options, where as we do not as every vagina is pretty much equal when it comes to male basic sexual satisfaction.
    • How many guys have you been with?

• Actually all studies show that promiscuity is harmful. It increases the probability of divorce cheating depression, lowers relationship satisfaction (for the one who is promiscuis, its effects seem more pronounced in women though) etc. Men are wired to avoid long term relationships with women who are promiscuis, thats why they don't mind promiscius women until its time for a relationship and then thats when its the issue, if it was insecurity then they would universally be against promiscuis women but that is not the case, its only as it pertains to relationships.

• azanun

I am a virgin and have high standards. Whoever will be my first man will be average for me even if he is a sex God. You know why? because I can't compare him with anyone.

• front2back
    "It's RIDICULOUS that when a man has sex, he's praised and asked how many kills now, was she good in bed, etc.
    But for a man, the higher the number the better is what we've been conditioned into."

Until you become an adult and a guy bragging about how much sex he's had is seen as an immature pig by everyone else.
  • Dulcedulcexoxo
    I will never understand why women keep crying about this. You get called a slut who Cares? I don't, only reason why a woman will call you a slut is because she is jealous and a man will call you a slut because he is threatened. lol, most women aren't virgins, we gotta stop acting like victims we are the majority. lol
    • I dont care if im called the word slut. But i dont want to be shamed that im not afraid to admit that i enjoy sex

• To me a word only has as much power as you let it. So wether I do or do not have sex and get called a prude or slut I could care less. Doesn't matter anyway to get called a slut because guys will still have sex with you and care less

• azanun

if you don't want to be shamed then you care what people talk about you. Shaming is verbal.

• Transigence
    Women have easy access to sex, men do not. Sex is not the same for men as it is for women.

If you want to compare men and women, compare a man's ability to have sex with a woman's ability to get him to commit to her. That's a more apt comparison.

To understand slut-shaming, you first have to understand what a slut is and why it's a bad thing. You also have to know who is setting the terms.

Women set the terms for sluttiness. For guys, really, there's no such thing as a slut. They are just people, with a number. That's why guys don't slut-shame once they get out of high-school and figure out that it's not really any of their concern (they were just doing it because they saw women doing it and want to be a part of the tribe).

Women use sex as coin. It has value to men, but not women. Realizing that, women have erected what is essentially a price-fixing scheme to maximize the exchange rate on this coin. A woman who does not charge enough for that coin (be it cash, favors, labor, or violence, whatever she wants, really), is a slut. She's a slut because she's essentially breaking the picket. She's violating the price-fixing scheme, which devalues other women's coin. It's no different than a neighbor moving in, letting their property go to shit, and lowering the value of all the surrounding properties.

So, let's be real here. Men don't slut-shame. Women do. They do it because they are selfish and greedy, and the market advantage that mother nature gave them just isn't enough. It's not even enough to engage in a price-fixing scheme to artificially decrease supply to drive up demand -- they have to enforce it with the female equivalent of "breaking some fucking kneecaps." Slut-shaming is nothing but gynocentric, hypertraditionalist, female-on-female intimidation and abuse.
    • On this site, men do it a lot more. Also on other forums on the internet. I've even seen men create pages on Facebook and other sites for revenge porn shaming promiscuous women.

I think it's false, men are ruthless with the slut shaming. I have no idea why.

• @BuchitaBuchys I don't think the people here are representative of the general population. I think the wounded gather here. And among the wounded, you'll find trolls, as well as trolls preying on the wounded.

In my adult life, I rarely ever hear ANY slut-shaming at all, and on the odd occasion I do, it's ALWAYS from a woman.

Yes, there are men who slut-shame. My guess is they have taken the intensity that women put into it during middle-school years and perpetuate it without knowing why, or they their religion over it and end up like the Westboro cult. I'm not going to say they don't exist, but I think they're at the fringe.

• Lol it's more than just a few men. Most of the slut shamers I have encountered, even in my adult life, are men. They are friends, family members, coworkers, classmates, customers, etc.
      Even my (male) bosses would do it, and it made me feel uncomfortable.

The biggest lie men say is that it's only or mostly women who slut shame.

• bluenose1872
    No it doesn't. Sex with one person is fine. Shagging everything in sight coz it makes you feel liberated and independent is fucked up. I don't want to touch some baggy fanny slag who's anybodies after a drink. Fuckin disgusting. Even the guys who will sleep with you are calling you all sorts of tarts and laughing behind your back. All you young clowns trying to strip away standards in the human race so you can debauch and act out your perversions without fear of ridicule or condemnation. You wouldn't be the first. There are standards that are beyond what a committee decide in a boardroom and implement onto the population. And those whom fall short of them will be punished harshly. Our principles are what sets us aside from animals and put us at the top of the food chain. You want to be a cum bucket for every walking boner you go ahead, you'll see how big a mistake it was 10 years from now. Don't try and convince others it okay though. You might as well stab yourself with a knife for every person you taint.
  • AleDeEurope
    It's RIDICULOUS that when a woman is a virgin, she's praised. But when a man is a virgin he's shamed and humiliated.

If you wanna solve the problem, solve both sides. Stop with the hypocrisy.
    • brain5000

Really? Do men go around proudly proclaiming their virginity? How does this work? I have to ask because I have never, ever, ever seen it.

• @brain5000 they don't go around saying it, but if someone asks, they either have to lie, or if they say they're virgins, they get humiliated, people laughing and shit.
      Sometimes people just assume that person is a virgin and shame them. Like when they laugh at nerdy looking guys for being virgins.

• brain5000

Fair enough. I don't think that focusing on one bad thing without denouncing every bad thing is hypocrisy.

• Lapunan
    Your an awful person, not a woman or a gender, but as a person, you use the gender/male argument to sleep around. Its not acceptable, I wouldn't do this myself and i'd look down on a prospective partner doing this, and if it was a child of mine, i'd set them straight, promptly!
    • Well said mate. These young people are scandalous. Some don't even believe in distinguishing male and female any more. They're being brainwashed off their media tools. The crazies want to break down the fabric of an individual human to make them more pliant and controllable. Remember when we were teens men were men and women were women. The world's full of sideshow freaks now and the gender lines blurring more and more

• hellionthesage
    well one, the men being praised is over stated secondly a man seeking a relationship with a woman is forced to give considerablly more then the woman, he give his time energy his money his resources, he asks her out (taking all the risk) he plans the date pays for the date all of which is designed to please her, he does this again and again treating her special buying her flowers jewelry etc. Meanwhile she has had sex with men who gave absolutely nothing, so what does that say about him? You cannot like him all that much since your making him go through so much to get the same thing as some one who did nothing, you devalue him. For women the opposite happens, he pays for her what he could get for free showing that she has value over all other women. Then of coure you have the fact that promiscuity has negative consequences like depression, higher divorce rates (1 partner=1% chance of divorce, 2 partners = 16% chance of divorce) higher rates of cheating (those who score in the upper half of the sociosexually unrestricted scale have a 50% probability of cheating and 50% chance of divorce). They also report less satisfaction in relationships and marriage all of which are detrimental to long term relationships hence men steering clear of those kinds of women.(promiscuity seems to affect women to a greater extent then men) So their is a problem. Now if you wish to be promiscuis you have that righ but you also except the consequences of those actions. You cannot claim you have the right to be promiscuis without judgement then turn around and state a man cannot have the right not to be with you because of your life choices, its hypocrisy. Your choices, your consequences. If it bothers you change, if it doesn't don't but don't expect others to simply over look your actions as if they have no consequence, as if they have no impact, as if they are not an indicator of future actions. The fact is, enjoying sex doesn't make a woman a slut, having sex with many men (indiscriminatley like one night stands and such) make a woman a slut. Their is a big difference between the two, please do not conflate them. If you truly feel comfortable with it then you shouldn't really be making this statement, I think you realize you have lost out on something. If that is the case again, stop, if however I am wrong then continue doing what you are doing plenty of men like promiscuis women, most however do not see a relationship with her.
  • loveisbeautiful
    I don't think anybody should shame anyone for any choice they choose to make about their life, whether you agree with it or not. However, I also don't think people should be giving each high fives and ass slaps because they slept with a ton of people. See, part of being an adult is being responsible and knowing the potential consequences of their actions. When you go around with the mentality of "good for me for enjoying my body and sexuality" then you're not thinking about the responsibility that comes with sex or the consequences that could potentially come from sleeping with a bunch of different people.

People also don't get that there's two types of people, the ones who's number of sexual partners are high because they calculate all the people they slept with (this includes one night stands , long term relationships , short relationships and so on and so fourth). Which, when added all together might be high. Then there's the people that have a high number because they sleep with anybody that smiles at them, that's when it might become a problem for some people. So, there's also that to consider.

I also know that men get shamed too, I don't imagine there's too many women standing in line to sleep with a guy who slept with 60 other women. Just saying, everybody has there limit.

To conclude, don't go around shaming people for their choice (just keep that negative opinion to yourself). But, don't go around promoting promiscuity and acting like it's the 1960's and "free love" is coming back in style.
    • azanun

1960? were people more promiscuous?

• Well, the 60's was the hippie era and it was all "peace, love and rock n roll". What it really was though, was drugs, sex and rock n roll. That's why I said that, when people make statements of being free in your sexuality and experiences, it reminds me of the 60's because that's what the hippie era of the 60's was based on.

• azanun

people say it is 2016 so promsicuity is okay! Stop slutshaming lol.

• Berethor
    Slut are good only for those who are looking for easy sex, and not for those who are looking for serious relationship, that's the way it is. If an girl was having sex with many guys that means that the girl is an slut, there is not way around it.

tvtropes.org/.../MyGirlIsNotASlut
  • Zombie-Killa
    People like you want to live consequence free and never take any responsibilities for your actions.
    Life doesn't work like that. You can dance any way you want to, But sooner or later you got to pay the band.
  • ObscuredBeyond
    Getting sex you haven't earned should be shameful to both.

What did you have to do to acquire that many inside you? Consent does not mean vocation, and is not everything there is to the equation. Did your Maker consent to the deed as well? No? Then not all parties consented.

I will concede two things here:

1. A man should not be praised for the act. It's sex, not defeating a dragon.
    2. I am against witch-hunting women over promiscuity. But those hurt by her doing whatever it takes to get sex have a right to confront her over it. Likewise, those hurt by a man doing whatever it takes to "get some" have the right to confront him over how he hurt them - however indirectly.

And if they get hurt indirectly, then it is not a victimless act, simply because the two parties that were under the covers agreed to it.

We need to rise above this childish mentality of excuses, that says: "Well, I wanted it, and that makes it okay! And they didn't stop me, so that should make it double-okay!!!"

That mindset is part of why society is in the sad shape it's in.

Let's use an analogy from kindergarten: Joe bakes cookies, and hands them to his daughter Suzie so she can give them to Frank at school. It's Frank's birthday, and Joe knows Frank. But Suzie doesn't know Frank yet. On the bus, however, Bobby asks Suzie for the cookies. Suzie agrees, and eats the cookies with Bobby.

Suzie and Bobby consented to eating the cookies, but did that make it right?
    • Also, while Frank and Joe both have every right to be angry with Bobby and Suzie over what they've done, I do not advocate Jordan from 1st grade yelling "Ha ha! Cookie thief!" at recess to taunt Suzie over getting caught. Kyle refusing to select Suzie for his team on account of her being a cookie thief when that has nothing to do with dodgeball.

Yet, Luke and George giving Bobby high-fives for eating the cookies with Suzie intended for Frank, is equally unjustified.

• jacquesvol

"Joe bakes cookies, and hands them to his daughter Suzie so she can give them to Frank at school. It's Frank's birthday, and Joe knows Frank."
      In your analogy, Joe owns Suzy's cookie jar and decided it will be for Frank only. However, it's Suzy's cookie jar. Joe reduces Suzy to a mere instrument for giving cookies to Frank.
      In your analogy, once the cookies are given to Suzy, she is deprived of the right to decide about her cookie jar. Suzy is just Joe's property or employee thus.
      Suzy's cookie jar can be played with by many, if Suzy likes it. And if she wants to share her cookies, it's completely right.

• @jacquesvol: He does not reduce her to a "mere instrument," that's reading WAY too much into it. Especially if he had other things in store for Bobby and Suzie. Also, you assume the jar belongs to her. Suppose it was a Tupperware box, and was merely loaned to her? And even if that were true, did she bake the cookies? No? Then the contents are still on loan.

My, you use such twisted logic to attack the idea of higher authority.

• apathyslastkiss4
    Actually, the more dicks you have inside of you, the worse of a person you are. BUT, I am totally against these double standards of slut shaming! We shouldn't single out woman who are whores--we need to shame men who are sluts too. Everyone who is a slut, whether they have a penis or a vagina, should be equally shamed for sleeping around. It's fucking disgraceful. Everybody just wait until you're in a committed, monogamous relationship--it's not that hard!!
  • Mustachekitteh
    The only thing that keeps any kind of shaming alive. Is when anyone cares what others say about them. If people just stopped caring what negative thing they are called. Then those people will give up because they become bored with it since what they are doing doesn't work anymore.
  • brain5000
    I love the idea of marrying a woman who has sewn her wild oats, has come out tested and clean, and is ready to commit to one man. I don't get all of these guys who want to marry a sexually repressed and likely unreliable over the long term woman. Also, I do want a woman who likes to have sex. It's important! And I don't want one who is ashamed of liking sex.

This makes me different from a lot of the men here, I guess.
    • brain5000

Also... let's not pretend anyone believes women are doing anything bad or wrong. This is about men controlling women's bodies. You see men asserting pretend power over women all over @GAG, why do you think this is different? It is just that in this instance, it just so happens women are sensitive to it and it works.

• brain5000

It needs to stop working, and that is where you come in, ladies. :)

• davidpossey
    in order for a man to have sex he has to be a champ he has to learn game be confident approach tons of girls know how to attract get his shit together and so on so when you hear a dude got laid and especially if she is hot then that dude must be the man but for a girl all she has to do is say yes she doesn't have to put in all that effort as a man to get laid
  • melmel16
    I totally agree with you. There is nothing wrong with having a healthy seuxal appetite.

P. s funny joke here "your thighs are not a virus, but they are sure spreading like one" lol
  • Doofey
    There are some strange notions that women only get shamed for sex. I think women are looking towards the wrong people to clap for them. The idea that men are celebrated for having lots of sex has a context. First off its the men celebrating not women so it isn't universal. Second, men aren't universially celebrated. Do we tell men who have sex with a bunch of prostitutes that they are awesome? Nope. Men can be mocked as "chubby chasers" or made fun of for who they sleep with. It has to do with having sex with desirable women. Because men desire women they don't relate to women desiring men. Finally, you do realize women don't praise men for having lots of sex. Men have been called dogs, players, and fuckboys for their sexual habbits. Is that not "slut shaming"? And again we can't forget some of the worst shamers of women are women calling each other sluts rather than praising each other. The point is this isn't so one sided. People should jist be kind to one another and keep their mouths shut.
  • Jersey2
    The thought of all those dicks in you is a turn off. definitely not marriage material. Do what you want but don't tell others how they must view you. Many women don't want anything to do with a guy who went to a prostitues either, he may be clean but it is revolting and says a lot about him. Same with you.
  • NatashaJ
    Honestly the only reason why people care about stupid things is because they have no life. Seriously why do you care if you went to school with someone who went in a porno? or slept with 99 people? their lives are patheic so they have to feel better about something. If it doesn't affect me I wouldn't say shit because I don't care.
  • johnmsk
    i agree with you. also, glorifyjng sex need to stop too. glorifying it and mainstream sex leads to pressuring young teenagers to hv sex early when they are not ready. being a virgin is ok and no big deal.
    similarly having a high sex drive and having sex as much as one wants is ok
  • theus
    I agree with you.. Every man wants a sexual woman. We just don't want her to be sexual with everyone. The idea that guys want a woman who hates sex and keeps her legs closed is ridiculous... Its important to understand women who do not like sex have very unhappy men. Sex is best in a marriage but even in a marriage some women are to uptight to please there husbands.. I have always hated slut shamming because it sends the wrong messages to women.
  • Riggers
    Omfg... Yeah, All for equality and shit but jesus fucking christ am i sick of hearing this same fucking point 20,000+ times every single day...

We get it... You want to be rammed with weiners and not judged for it... ok... dont need to keep going over it again and again and again and again...

If i here the ''if a man does it he's a legend, if a woman does it she's a slut'' line one more time im literally gonna explode...
  • SarahsSummer
    Cheers!!! Exactly. Someone else's private consensual sex life is NOBODYS business.
    • So you'd have no problem with a guy getting a hooker as long as it was safe and consensual?

• @TwentySomething what do I care how a guy spends his money. Knock yourself out.

• But would you date or marry a guy who slept with a prostitute?

• FilthyPervert
    I shame promiscuous men too so I'm an equal opportunity bully.
  • idkwtftoputhere
    who cares if you're labelled a slut? People will judge you regardless of what you choose to do so you might as well just stop giving a shit and live life how you want lol
    • Tycwep

Being promiscuous is bold and those that are need to have backbone and thick skin. It comes with the territory.

• @Tycwep
      Exactly.

• dudeman
    no slut shamming is a good thing. women shouldn't be as easy as they are. it causes broken homes single parent households and abortions. the sexual revolution was the worst thing to happen to western civilization. worse than the holocaust. so i will continue to slut shame.
    • azanun

I agree. Sluts get abortions because they dont want strangers babies

• WombRaider
    I could refute the whole of this Take, but I'm seriously drunk.

I will however say this: Sex is good, sex is life, but if you're going to go around and sleep with as many men as you can whilst being in a relationship, I have the right to call you a slut.

This isn't from personal experience though...
  • wrightontime
    I don't understand why you are so concerned about being judged. If you are SO HOT as you think you are and will ALWAYS be desired by guys then why does being judged by non family members bother you?

If you are SO HOT, SO CONFIDENT, then just focus on the all these guys who want you so bad and block the judgers out of your life. You don't have to let the judgers into your life.

Yes, I would be concerned if my family and my close friends I consider family are judging me. But I don't give a fuck if non family members judge me. I just block them out. Simple.

You are going to be judged no matter what era you live in. You are not god and don't have the power to change peoples brain chemistry. We get judged for more things than sex. So why try to stop the judgement if you will never win.

There are consequences to your actions. You reap what you sow. Both girls and guys get judged for how many people they sleep with. I got judged judged for treating non virgin girls like total shit. And I accept there are people who will still judge me for that. That was my choice to be a fucking asshole to non virgins just like its your choice sleep with 50+ guys.
  • Geohed
    To me sluts are what most men yearn for. As they say every man wants a slut in bed and a proper lady in public as a wife. Unfortunately how many husbands can attest to having such a wife/partner? I had the good fortune to have a girlfriend who knew just how to be a slut and it was the biggest turn on ever. So ladies if you are bashed about by other ladies who call you sluts... be proud not ashamed because MEN LOVE SLUTS.
  • GingerBear
    I don't really care whether someone slut shames me or not. What it comes down to is that if someone cares so much about my personal choices that they feel the need to attack me about it, then they probably need therapy, and deserve our pity.
  • M_A_X
    It really doesn't need to stop. It needs to continue. It's societies only defense against VD. I'm very sure you don't go around and get paperwork proving people are clean before you have sex with them. Relationships exist as a pact, you go into it knowing this person is clean, you both have sex together, you both stay clean.

If you need multiple partners to get you off, you're only going to be part of the problem when you wake up one day with some new VD and have to call a bunch of other people whose lives you've also ruined
    • brain5000

It doesn't protect against anything. It just makes people more sexually repressed and secretive, which, in fact, leads to secret trysts and more VD.

• M_A_X

@brain5000 Yeah, I don't know about that. That sounds like heresay and not like there's any kind of actual evidence for it. Sexual repression isn't necessarily a bad thing for everybody.

• brain5000

I admire your skepticism. Check this out - teen pregnancy rates in the 1950s were at their highest. This was a very repressed time. I think you're right to be concerned about public health, but I don't think shaming, especially focusing only on women, is the way to go. Shaming is really a pretty horrible thing to do.

www.guttmacher.org/pubs/tgr/05/1/gr050107.html

• godfatherfan
    Since it is only women that do it, you need to preach to your women friends.
    I have never seen a man do this that wasn't a teenager...
    • Go online, there's plenty of men, especially on this site who slut shame. And all the "revenge porn" sites. There's many pages on Facebook created and run by men, yes, men well into their 30s and 40s, slut shaming women. I work at a bar and the things men say as well.

The biggest lie men tell is make women believe they don't slut shame, or only teen boys, because men are much more ruthless than women at it.

• sp33d
    If I'm a man the more I have sex the more of a man I am? I have plenty of sex, thank you, it doesn't change Anything about what I have to do to live my life.

Might I rephrase? People, who have no idea what sex is other than seeing it being idolized in Hollywood movies, should stop talking about anything and everything concerning sex.
  • Byakuyarko
    Au contraire... We should start burning adulterers at the stake, like the good old days... And not just the females... I want the he-sluts to get what's coming to them (they've been celebrated for far too long)... Sluts are a blight on human society and polity. Mwahahaha...
  • lazermazer
    Reading from the cmnts... people are not getting what she said... i m trying to make it clear from both sides... no. of people slept with doesn't conclude that one is Slut... there's fine line... slut generally includes un faithful sexual relationship more like one night stands buy different... she's right on... girl should be free from these perceptions... it necessarily doesn't mean a nice thing to sleep with everyone
  • ColinHarvey
    You need to get a house with a bunch of male room mates so that you can understand better the male chemistry because you are suverely lacking knowledge of male interaction, and are not intelligent enough to write an objective piece.

Writing slut on you body and walking down the street in minimal clothing is a neck beard idea to make you look afool.
    • azanun

I agree. Telling others you are a slit then complaining about slutshaming is stupid

• LyssaNicole
    YESSS!!! Omg this is amazing!!! Amber Rose would be so proud! People need to realize that girls can have a one night stand if they want too. That does not make us sluts. We can wear a short skirt to a bar... but that does not mean I want to have sex with a guy that's been staring at me at the bar.
    Guys get away with so much shit when it comes to one night stands and playing with girls. Not all guys do this, but some guys do. But when a girl just wants to have sex with some guy it's like the world is ending. People need to grow up and worry about themselves.
    • azanun

Lol how do people stop sluts from being sluts?

• @azanun how do people that are jealous and judgmental stop being jealous and judgmental?

• azanun

Jealous? Of sluts? Jealous of cheap smelly gross women?

• andreeapopa
    honestly men should be shamed for being sluts too...
    a person that has a lot of parteners is kind of disgusting to me but yeh maybe i m closeminded or smth
  • NedfromtheNed
    "we should all just be praised", ahh shit. I thought we were done with this 1990 - early 2000's bullshit
  • the_rake
    'when a woman has sex? She's shamed.'

nobody knows if or when a woman has sex, apart from the person who had sex with her. he can only tell other people about it if he belongs to her social circle.
    • jacquesvol

Or she can be shamed because other people *think* she has sex or wants to have sex.

• the_rake

@jacquesvol

right, so not only do people's judgements not mean much but this isn't really something that should stop women from having sex (because nobody actually knows).

• Kuraj
    You can do whatever the hell you want but don't expect people to not judge you.
  • TadCurious
    I agree with you. As long as it's consenting and neither partner is cheating on somebody else (and both people are taking precautions) then it's a great thing.
  • SunDevil11
    I agree that sex shaming needs to stop. If it is not affecting you personally then it is not your business
  • Zrelthrhaiel
    I won't stop slut shaming until people stop virgin shaming you and people of you ilk can go to hell with their opinions about creating a greater world without suffering for it.
  • Starfishlover
    I wrote an article exactly the same as this and used the exact same picture. Hope you didn't steal it :)